Newest Member
    ivanna

• redwolf
    • GOTH GRANDPA
    • Luz21
    • (Admin)Savannahjan

New Quivaz Projects!

Quivaz

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to be making some more items for the original Zoo Tycoon! I don't really have anything to show off at this exact moment, but I will be starting on the first project tonight and should have something to show you tomorrow!

I am going to start with something I know several people have been hoping for, and that is more animal showcases. I don't know which animal I will start with, but Panda Bear is done, and I did a Black Tiger, so it'll probably be something far from those two (something other than a cat or bear...). You'll just have to wait and see!

I hope to create a showcase for each of the original animals. After that we'll see about whether I go on to do the dinos and marine animals.

Beyond animal showcases, I plan to do some fountains and different topiary items. When I feel comfortable with doing the scenery items again, I hope to move on to do some buildings.

I will say that at this time I don't plan on making any more animals. I feel as if those have been pretty well covered, and creating new and unique animations for animals are so much more complicated and time consuming. I'd rather stick to creating more quality scenery and buildings and the likes, and leave the animal making to more qualified and respected designers.

So, with that said. I plan on having at least one screenshot of a new animal showcase tomorrow to peak your interest and we'll take things from there. I won't be making any requests right now because I know what I want to do and what I would like to create right now. However, if you have an interesting idea, feel free to send me a PM and I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

Alright, see you all back here tomorrow! I hope you'll like what I'll bring to the table...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quivaz

• pukkie

• luvmy83wing

• genkicoll

luvmy83wing

:post-1551-1124418072: OOOOOOOOO HAPPY DAYS are here AGAIN!!!!!! :post-1551-1124418072: And might I add the thought of a Black Tiger showcase :032: I'm in heaven

But sweet friend There already is a black tiger showcase around Did you miss it?

I can send it if you want me to :hug2:

And might I add the thought of a Black Tiger showcase 032.gif I'm in heaven

Yes, I made those about 5 years ago (wow, it's been a while). Both the Black Tiger and the Panda Bear showcases can be found here at ZooTek. Now I am going to finish what I started. I don't know what animal will be next, but I'll know when I sit down at my computer tonight and start designing again!

oh so :sorry: Quivaz Old habit's die hard as they say

They sure die hard on me :413: I have this urge to request

Since bear and bigcat is not next on the list (wouldn't a lion be cool?) and since ingames are the ones on your designing list

(otherwise I would probably beg for an arctic kangaroo showcase) how about a wolf?

Any wolf will be fine although I wouldn't be me if I make it a secret that my favour is the arctic wolf :blush:

ZooGrammy

You have given encouragement to a lot of people here Quivaz. It will be great to see what you come up with.

how about a wolf?
Haha, I don't know yet. I wasn't thinking of starting with a wolf, but we shall see!

You have given encouragement to a lot of people here Quivaz. It will be great to see what you come up with.

Well thank you ZooGrammy! I'm excited to see what I'll come up with too!

One thing I do know about the animal showcases is that they will be displayed in a variety of ways. Nothing too drastically different from the originals, but they won't all be 1x2 tile, rectangle bases. They will come in different shapes and sizes. That you can count on.

luvmy83wing
One thing I do know about the animal showcases is that they will be displayed in a variety of ways. Nothing too drastically different from the originals, but they won't all be 1x2 tile, rectangle bases. They will come in different shapes and sizes. That you can count on.

Oh my this sounds so cool Different shapes and sizes oh boy I am excited. And yes my dear friend I guess I did miss it but I'll definately find and grab it latter this weekend ..... oh heck maybe here in a few minutes.

I've given some thought to this, and there's about 45 animals in the original game. That would be a lot of animal showcases to design and program. I have a feeling most of you won't miss not having a warthog showcase or some others. I think I am going to limit it to 15-20 showcases (as I want time to design other things like fountains, buildings, etc.) So, this is where you come in. I guess we'll come up with some way of finalizing a list of most wanted animals either via a poll or just taking requests or something. Suggestions on how to come up with a list are welcome. Please PM me!

For tonight and tomorrow, I won't have a completed animal showcase to display, but instead I am going to be working on several of the different base/showcases themselves to show you an idea of what I plan on doing. Perhaps by the end of the weekend I'll have an animal showcased in one of them.

Ok, that's it for now. Back to designing!