• maximilianmueller
    • Hawkkeye666
    • MaastrichianFan
    • genericthrowaway769
    • Goosifer

New Quivaz Projects!

Quivaz

genkicoll

Perhaps starting with the favorites of each habitat would be a good start. Also, there's no reason you can't make mixed exhibits, like putting orangs, gorillas and chimps into one showcase, or adding penguins to a polar bear showcase.

You may use anything I've created in your exhibits (foliage, zt2 animal statues, etc) if you'd like. Also, I did a tutorial that might save you some time and trouble. You can find it here: http://zootekphoenix.com/forums//index.php...c=1831&st=0

As far as the rotations and file cleanup go, it doesn't take long to get them done. Not at all like configuring buildings or adjusting an animal .uca! :laugh:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quivaz

• pukkie

• luvmy83wing

• genkicoll

Yeah, I will start with the favorites. I know everyone would look favorably upon having, say, a lion showcase. Those will definitely get done. I also had the thought of doing mixed showcases. I'm still debating on who will get in or who may get left out.

I have started working on the bases however. Here's the first screenshot!

On the left is the original base used on the panda and black tiger showcases. I had to recreate it again to then arrange new animals upon. The base on the right is a circular showcase which will fit upon either 3x3 or 4x4 tiles (it will depend on what I decide to scale it to). Click to see it full size.

Tomorrow I will probably make some more bases, and perhaps start on the first animal. Hope you like the first pic and look forward to more soon!

:post-1551-1124418072: oh boy :post-1551-1124418072: oh boy! You better believe we are In the round I so see the animals using their favourite toys or a flamingo pool.

15-20 showcases? and I am allowed to request? (other then that lion ofcourse)

Malaysian tapir

Californian sealion

Black panther

Clouded leopard

African Wilddog

for a mixed showcase a whie and a bengal tiger playing

and a llama and a moose :elkgrin:

Savannahjan

It's so great to see you designing again, Quivaz, and also wonderful to have you back with us.

toodlepops

Can you do an octogonal shaped one? I love the idea of mixed showcases. That would be great and cover a lot of the animals at one time.

I'll definitely be doing different types of bases and coming up with different ways of showcasing the animals. I really like the idea of showcasing multiple animals at once. I think I'll be doing even less than 15 or so now. Maybe only about 5 showcases. It's going to be a lot of work. I'm realizing that after getting back into designing. I am going to try and plan on doing less and if I can do more, great. I don't want to promise that I'll do 45 or 15-20 showcases and then leave people disappointed. So, I'll probably promise a lot less and then pleasantly surprise you with something new.

Anyways, here is the first animal showcase. A Zebra/Gazelle mix. (I tweaked the circle showcase so that the openings will be aligned with the paths in the game. What do you think?

genkicoll

I love the idea of the round showcases, though the alternating orange and beige makes me think of a circus. I also like the light gray glass edges of the original showcases over the color you're using here.

I am really glad to see you designing again! :cheerlie:

hmm, now that you mention it, I suppose it could look like a circus colored theme. I can change that relatively easy enough. I'm actually having the hardest time with the edges of the glass right now. Trying to get it to be different enough that you know where the edges are, yet not distracting. I'll work on it some more.

Very nice.

You could, if you want, try matching the base surround with genki's brick theme or the atlantean ones, since people like creating themed zoos. Both are here at Tek. The Atlantean one is more green than the ingame Atlantis stuff. She also did a concrete theme and a secret garden theme.

Or for the savannah one above maye a colour to match or contrast the ingame Southeast Asian Stone Fence.