• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rasun37

• pukkie

• Rinding FT

• Savannahjan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, a great idea! I think I've got an idea of where I want to go, I'll prepare to leave now!

Savannahjan

Be sure to pack your sunscreen!

My flight leaves soon, I leave this to you all! My plane will land in the Gambia, a small country consisting entirely of the Gambia River, located in North Western Africa. The surrounding area is all desert but the fertile river brings life to the area. For my second stop, I will travel up the Niger river and view the wildlife in the country of Mali. A great location to view wildlife that finds their home next to this fertile river. I also will be able to take a look into the history of what was the richest nation to ever exist as I explore ancient Timbuktu! My third stop will be the most harsh of all, as I will have to prepare to take on the heart of the Sahara and hopefully not get lost in the rising dunes and blowing sands in search of life in the center of this land, the Oasis! The fourth stop brings us to where the Sahara Desert and the Sahel Grassland meet and the wildlife that live in the area, however frighteningly close to the heart of Sudan, a country boiling with violence. Finally we travel up the longest river in the world, The Nile, and view the animals that live in the heart and life of Egypt and depart from the trip in Cairo, the capital city. Gotta turn the computer off now, I hope to share with you my photos of Gambia upon arrival!

post-97584-135796180744_thumb.png

I am currently in route to Mali now, here are my photos of the Gambian River!

Here is a shot from my plane of the river! You can see how the lush water helps create a forest environment which eventually dries out the farther you are!

post-97584-135801049823_thumb.jpg

A spotted a lone Ratel, or Honey Badger, on one side of the river. He appeared to be searching the rocks for some food!

post-97584-135801054227_thumb.jpg

post-97584-135801057389_thumb.jpg

Farther away toward the dry grasses, a secretary bird was roaming around, and it appeared to have a nest as well!

post-97584-135801059682_thumb.jpg

post-97584-135801063025_thumb.jpg

Also in the dry grasses, a herd of Giant Elands of the Western subspecies roamed along toward the river for a drink. This subspecies is only located along the upper Gambia, so it was a wonderful sight!

post-97584-135801078889_thumb.jpg

post-97584-135801079368_thumb.jpg

post-97584-135801079918_thumb.jpg