Gage420smoking
    Newest Member
    Gage420smoking

• strider213
    • Spiralithic
    • MaastrichianFan

Firehawke's Zoos!

Firehawke

One of our current conservation efforts rights now focuses on Giant Pandas. Colorful Zoo features an education center and special viewing areas so the pandas do not become overwhelmed and startled.

FN08Panda1_zpsr8mw9pd3.jpg

FN08Panda2_zpsj6ogz2rc.jpg

FN08Panda3_zpsdy5haxdd.jpg

Don’t forget…Colorful Zoo also focuses on plant conservation!

FN09Plants1_zpsbqsjjmw0.jpg

FN09Plants2_zpswtjyx7lz.jpg

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Firehawke

• Savannahjan

• ARIZNANA

• Kreek

Towards the back of the zoo, we feature some African animals, namely Reticulated and Masai Giraffes, African Bush Elephants, and African Penguins. Guests can view the large animals inside and outside.

FN10Back1_zpstxzkbc8a.jpg

FN10Back2_zpsvaenbozi.jpg

FN10Back3_zpswstkgq4m.jpg

FN10Back4_zps2a9vk2yb.jpg

FN10Back5_zpsbyvmegoc.jpg

The zoo also features the Giant Galapagos Tortoise,

FN11Tortoise_zpsems5jslw.jpg

The European Porcupine,

FN12Porcupine_zpsvhq1jljx.jpg

And the European Genet.

FN13Genet_zpssf55qpzc.jpg

Finally, we have a wetlands area, featuring the Black Necked Swan, the Black Swan, the Channel Catfish, and the North American Bullfrog.

FN14Wetlands1_zpswvirisrk.jpg

FN14Wetlands2_zpsdxocpuyz.jpg

We hope you enjoyed your brief tour of Colorful Zoo!

FNOverview_zpsofjpmkid.png

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my latest entry for the Feral contest...I was speedy, too! It went live on Monday (I think)...I was done Monday night!

Welcome to the grand unveiling of the newly redecorated corner of our zoo!

pic0_zpsifmyswax.jpg

Our staff had a lot of fun coming up with ideas…they hope you like them!

pic1_zpsay07b4kw.jpg

pic5_zpsxweap0vd.jpg

All of the exhibits feature a bit of a Christmas touch, made, of course, of items that are safe for the special inhabitants of each area.

First up, the Moose don’t mind the twinkling lights of Christmas trees!

pic2_zpsrmtcir2p.jpg

The Wild Boars have some presents to unwrap, featuring their favorite treat…apples!

pic4_zpsygj4t76y.jpg

The Fennec Foxes also have presents…it looks like their little noses may be sniffing out the beefy goodness inside!

pic6_zps2bkjszlm.jpg

The Okapis have a new neighbor…a bit frosty, but he won’t melt! He has his special magic hat on!

pic7_zpsvjeseyh7.jpg

Follow the candy cane arches to the special Christmas restaurant…

pic11_zps499kirmd.jpg

Or the gift shop to buy gifts for all of your friends…and support the zoo at the same time!

pic9_zps6c3mz4xs.jpg

Now it’s off to the North Pole!

pic14_zpstni0johr.jpg

Here you will find 8 reindeer…do you know their names??? Maybe one will come over to the special feeding station if you call them! You can feed them carrots and apples. They are especially fond of the carrots, since last Christmas a baby wombat ate all of them! (thumbs up to those who get the reference!)

pic13_zps3xkivnkm.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, you will find our Trio of Trees, very special since they are all giving trees! Any gifts that you leave at the tree will go to the local children’s hospital, veteran’s home, and homeless shelter! If you do not have a gift, please consider gifting your time…it is greatly appreciated!

pic8_zpsstg6zhvs.jpg

Thank you for your visit…Merry Christmas!

FeralDec16ov_zpslhnodcrw.png

Savannahjan

Just now seeing the Colorful Zoo. I love those beautiful fence pieces, they are wonderful. Everything in the zoo looks so good; almost like being there.

Your Christmas zoo is really lovely. I didn't realize there was so many seasonal decorative items for ZT2. Love it!

Thanks!!! :822do: :hug2:

I'm glad that there's someone out there who loves the fences as much as I do!!! (I've been getting comments on another site that they are too colorful and that I overused them :sSig_lumpofcoal: I was able to use the set for this contest because I got advanced access to them since I won (by default) the October contest. The prize for this particular contest is that the top 3 vote getters will have their zoos featured on YouTube (the contest runner has a channel and features different zoos...it's called Zookeeper's Wanted)! I was informed that my entry will go up on Friday...by default again. Hoping my December entry isn't a default winner for a third time.

Aren't those decorations fun?!?!? I used the presents that are found in the animal enrichment tab for the fennec foxes and the wild boars. Everything else came from two packs created by Z-Studios!