RDFT's Projects ... Part 2

Rinding FT

OK I just try to use pieces to make a building images : West European Restaurant, items from AOE2. :)

3y9POPMD73Wo8Naf15juot.jpg

But I have trouble, what menu should I use. I just take a look, already used from here I think:

Beach Inn by Jane

Beach Restaurant by Jane

2 Brick Restaurants by Genkicoll The menu may be useful.

My first idea is food from West Europe Country, but there may be too much food and hard to edit. But if nothing match the restaurant, I guess I still need to find new food. (Sorry~ people who help me editing dll XD)

May you have some suggestion? Like which menu in which building in which Site, or new menu you think? Thank you very much~ :)

If you feel any foods that are in current buildings would suit, let us know. It doesn't have to be just Tek buildings as there are permissions on others from other sites.

It is tempting to reuse the Grand Hotel id instead of the usual Restaurant one. Or can someone think of another one we could reuse that might suit.

Ah! I forgot to ask, how many types I can have in menu?

4 or 5 for this I think would be good. We can decide that when we start working on it. You can have anything from 1 to 5. It is up to the designer to decide.

For example most ingame stands only sell one thing. But some of Toodlepops have 4

Cricket

I like to have the restaurants sell 4 food items then 1 drink. So, I take up all 5 menu slots. :gold-star-smiley:

Ummm..5 I think is the most because the menu size seems like only can contains 5 types. In tutorial I remember it says the icon has to be 28x28..?

I found something not bad, a facebook game called Chefville that there are lots of foods. I found some lists and pics from the websites.

1354282434-1756415415_n.png?v=1354282436

Example: Coq Au Vin, Beef Croquettes, Pommes Frites

Looks good, but the game use different cooking stations, so I won't know which country does the food come from(I'll try to make other types restaurants by AOE2), unless the game says...囧 Or I think lots of foods can be used in zt1 food menu~ :)

RD, which civilizations are represented in the AOE and AOE2 games? that could be a good lead in to what foods to offer

Well, these buildings are from AOE2, so:

Aztecs

Britons

Byzantines

Celts

Chinese

Franks

Goths

Huns

Japanese

Koreans

Mayans

Mongols

Persians

Saracens

Spanish

Teutons

Turks

Vikings

And in AOFE, add:

Italians

Indians

Slavs

Magyars

Incas

So lots of civilizations, that's why I mean if I use food from different counties and I just use some, It's not fair to other people I think.

Some could be attractions and other things. The menus don't have to match the buildings. We will just see how it goes.

Do you have a list of what each of those foods is?

The in-game sold item icons are 34x34.

Waterdragon we have to be careful as there is a limited amount of ids available.

Yes Ma'am, Sorry Ma'am. :)

I'll just poke my nose back out of this ... :worship: