• NovaSquirrel
    • Goosifer
    • NoIdea4Username
    • Fern

Guests = a nasty part of the game ?

Xerxes

How do you feel about the guests ?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to bring something under the attention.

Something that has irritated me ever since the first days of me playing zt2 (which has to be a few years ago already).

Ever since, the guests have be a source or irritation and agitation to me.

Their constant complaining, their demands, the rubbish they make, the difficulty to satisfie them and the attention they take, are something I can no longer handle.

It brings me away of what I play zt2 for (animals and building) and in fact I think most of the guest stuff takes up far too much place in my zoos (and I'm always short on the space issue already).

I wonder if the other players feel the same way about guests.

It's been long since I've actually worked with them. I usually hate building guest areas and leave it to the very last, meaning I often stop working on a specific zoo before I get that far.

Most often I keep my zoos closed and so what I want. It can be seen in my showroom topic as well.

I do not want to work with the guests and I don't. Maybe not the best idea.

I wonder if anyone feels the same about the guests.

The guests are more then very annoyong but shoot to kill was no option :24:

Only the sounds they produce already are terrible and I recognise all other things you say as well Also when yoy have elevated paths they end up in your exhibit complaining they can't see the animals from up there

helloho right next to you! if you strecht your arm it will be bitten of for sure!

No the guests are terrible and far worse then in the original game

Guest zoomeister

I know guest can be annoying, but it is part of the game. I just think about what I would like to see in a zoo or do in a zoo and it seems to work out best in the end. Guest can be a pain, but that is what a zoo is all about, displaying animals for the education and edification of the guests!! I agree that the maps seem woefully small when you're trying to fit things in, but with an eye towards balance it can work.

Too bad I don't have an eye for balance - my zoos are always terribly out of balance.

I don't ever work with guests anymore, in fact. Maybe I should train myself into it again.

Thanks though for the reply. I agree on everything said - even on guests being part of it.

I should get used to them again, if I get the chance.

Guest zoomeister

Xerxes, I was just opinionating about how I feel. You don't have to follow what I say, I'm far from a guru on Zoo Tycoon. I look at your screenshots and wish I could create such realistic looking exhibits for my zoos. What I do always feels to me like it is so artificial. But that is what works for me.

I may post one of my five star zoos one of these days, I always tend to stop building when I've met my goals, such as unlocking the items in the campaign or challenge zoos and rarely build a zoo completely. I get so excited about the new stuff that I immediately run off to a new zoo so I can use the unlocked items!! I think that I have one zoo that I've completed and have no more room to build out of all of them.

With as little time as I have to play, I've still got tons of stuff to unlock!! At times I feel like cheating and getting the hacks so that I can unlock the items, but then that would take the fun out of earning things.

Over at ZA they had tons of stuff to download for ZT2, and I've got some of them from before it went down and I've gotten some stuff since they've come back. But I've not even unlocked all the stuff in the game yet and I really don't want to put a bunch of stuff into the game to clutter up what little space I do have.

One thing that I do miss about ZT2 compared to ZT1 is the lack of buildings. It just takes so much to code a new building, not to mention the graphics involved! Sometimes I wish that I could do these kinds of things myself.... :uglyhammer:

I hate guests,but I use them all the time. They are hard,like ZM said. That's why,usually,if you use guests a lot,you cannot build "spectcular zoos". You have to focus on guests more than the scenery. I usually though,decide what species of animals I want,THEN I build the exhibit,then guest areas,then I put in 1 specie,open the zoo,add scenery,and wait. Then,if the guests are happy,I put in the others,then scenery. I'm very used to guests,because I've used my time since I got this game in 2004,to beat all the campaigns and challenges. Never cheated. It's probably though,I used to have more time. I used,to have realistic exhibits and areas in my zoos,until I found this out. Now,this is just my opinion.

I like the guests. I voted "they're not that bad". If you balance everything just right, you don't haveto worry about too many complaints. For a large or medium zoo: Here's what I TRY to do:

1. Have at least three or four bathrooms spread throughout each region of the zoo (for easy and convenient access. Guests don't like wet pants!).

2. Have a food court area (with benches, garbage cans, and picnic tables and donation boxes.) and make sure your clean-up staff are doing their jobs.

3. Build all that first! Then work exhibits and playgrounds and fountains round your guest areas. A well fed, rested, and entertained guest is a happy guest.

4. Have at least one or two donation boxes near EVERY exhibit. The more donation boxes they can't find, the angrier they get--besides, they want to donate--by all means, let them!!!

5. Make sure that your animals don't get sick or starved. An unhealthy and angry animal will rub off on your guests and the will complain and the animals will complain. Make sure you assign zookeepers to every exhibit and keep them busy, but not overworked. 2 to 5 exhibits is enough fr one zookeeper to handle by himself.

6. any more problems, I'm here to help!

Guest Dizzy

I haven't fooled around with ZT2 in a while, but I actually kinda liked the guests in this game, they were more of a challange than the animals were :risitas6ba0:

And, they are where most all of the humor comes from. You can't have a world without humor! It'd be WAAAAY to dull. I depend on humor like the world depends on sunshine! :vishenka_34:

Guest zoomeister

One thing that I really like about the new EP Extinct Animals is the Entertainer staff. Not only do they perform on the stage, but if there is a guest that has an entertainment need they go out to the guests themselves. It really helps to put the zoo over the top when it comes to guest satisfaction.