• Taz
    • a1236gh
    • dinoknight
    • MsOnary
    • bxdczoo

How to open ZTD files?

Richy III

Richy III

Hello group, I am amazed at the amount of mods there are for this great video game, I hardly see information about this and I love it, I have a question, could you tell me how I would have these files I would like to create my own mods. Thank you very much for reading this discussion

Cricket

Most of the files hosted here are downloaded in a .zip file.  If you have a program like WinZip or WinRar, you can use the Extract button on the .zip file which should reveal the .ztd files (and maybe a text file and a pic on some of the older listings).

If you are running the Complete Collection, go to your ZT root directory and find the dlupdate folder.  Those modded .ztd files go in that folder.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Richy III

Entiendo una pregunta sabes cómo cambiar el color del fondo con el que se extraen los archivos

10000.JPG

35 minutes ago, Richy III said:

Entiendo una pregunta sabes cómo cambiar el color del fondo con el que se extraen los archivos

Translation: I understand a question, do you know how to change the background 
color with which the files are extracted?

Okay. It looks like you are using APE. What version. You should use APExp2.

I use Zoot to load and extract.

To change the background you need a graphics program. There are free ones around. I use Gimp.

You need to set it up right. And that depends on the program you choose.

You would use that to click on that gray area and change it to something that is not in the animal. Lime green or bright pink are good choices.

I suggest looking through this area. https://zootekphoenix.com/forums/forum/55-ape/

and also this area https://zootekphoenix.com/forums/forum/115-designing-tools/

• Love 1

Goosifer
53 minutes ago, Richy III said:

10000.JPG

Para comenzar, hablo español mejor de lo que puedo escribirlo, así que te pido disculpas si cometo errores, jaja. Como nos explica Fern, Zoot es el programa principal que se utiliza para modificar gráficos. El color que se muestra detrás de la foca es el que aparecerá como invisible en el juego (este color se selecciona con el píxel en la esquina superior izquierda). Pero si la intención es solo cambiar el color, igualmente puedes usar Zoot porque te permite descargar los gráficos en formato PNG. De esta manera, se vuelve invisible y podrás superponerlo sobre otros gráficos o colores como prefieras.

• Like 2

Richy III

image.png.be6f2c0ac1d693bfe6325f28df571a87.pngCon este programa, saben cómo cambiar el color del fondo una vez que se extraen

Goosifer

qué es lo que estás intentando hacer exactamente? etás intentando crear un nuevo animal o simplemente quieres extraer gráficos y cambiar colores?

Richy III

image.png.08444ded7858d954451c5d7e84471c23.pngMi nuevo animal, es de castelvania de gba 

Richy III

image.png.26d152173cf11d0c3fa23fdc1efbe71f.pngSolo quiero saber si se pueden extraer los archivos con otro color de fondo con ese programa por que me quedan asi con el color base