Just a little abomination (An eldritch project by Giganotus)

Giganotus

Giganotus
16 hours ago, Goosifer said:

Nice! I'm interested to see it animated. Very representative of your sketch and I think the large features will pop nicely in sprite form.

Here's hoping! I managed to get most of it rigged up (I forgot to rig one tentacle but I need to take a break so I'll fix it later lol). Good thing about Blender is that a lot of people use it, so finding guides on how to do stuff has been easy enough so far!

It's been fun figuring out how to put this guy together and animate it, so hopefully soon I'll be able to get some sprites going!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
Giganotus

Hello all! Been a bit since I've updated this. I took a short pause on this particular project in order to practice with Blender more. Did some practice sculpting, learned some tricks, all that.

But with that, I realized there was stuff I still needed to do with the little monster's sculpt and mesh before I could animate. So I removed the armature I had and went back to sculpting! Now I'm tidying up the meshwork with retopology (as seen in the pic).

Trying to learn things one step at a time! But I should at least have the static model going soon

Screenshot 2024-06-27 103638.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Savannahjan

Practice makes perfect, time spent on learning Blender better is well spent.  Your new model is gruesomely fabulous!  :clap:

• Like 1

fountain

It looks like a gourmet monster with a different mouth for every meal or snack!

• Like 4

Giganotus
21 hours ago, fountain said:

It looks like a gourmet monster with a different mouth for every meal or snack!

Hopefully one of those snacks isn't the zookeeper!

I hope to make some other eldritch monsters too, especially once I become more familiar with Blender.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Giganotus

Ok! I finally got a good model going I think!

The creature has been adjusted and recolored nicely I feel, so now I just need to figure out rigging again lol. Certainly not rushing this guy.

Still contemplating what other abominations I could make in order to have a weird monster zoo.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 090121.png

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Truly_happy

I'm sorry I doubted your ability. This is fabulous!

• Like 1

Goosifer

I feel you..it takes me several months to finish one mod. 😭 I've already mentioned this on Discord but man, this is just so sick. I always look forward to updates!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Giganotus

Finally got an armature going again! Now to fine-tune it, rig it nicely, and hopefully animate it!

Screenshot 2024-08-19 100658.png

• Like 2

Truly_happy

Yay, bones!

• Like 1