Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      1,850
    • Most Online
      799

    BBKong
    Newest Member
    BBKong
    Joined
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • VND
    • AppleJax
    • (Admin)Cricket

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have not been building any zoos in earnest, but I have been testing mods that will eventually make their way to release channels. Don't expect any elaborate setups like with the Komodo dragons.

 

 

This is my attempt at making a savannah ranch somewhere in the Indian subcontinent. Spamming the map with the savannah grass was a bad idea because apparently they were configured to be Africa-exclusive in this game. 

 

map2.png.f48652854b2078447a804ba4288b511c.png

 

map1.png.b6e4031c64ab5b0969795092dd78f9c8.png

 

 

The starting map, except from the zoo wall and zoo gate, uses only Blue Fang items, which hopefully makes it easier to share in the future. 


Once I got to making the exhibits, Genkicoll's & RDFT's tall grasses dominate the landscape once more. 

 

image.png.e6a3f6947699b1abd304e8ae477632ef.png

  • Love 1
Critterzoology
Posted

Looks beautiful so far.

Savannahjan
Posted

Looking great!

Posted

Got lost in making maps again
image.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Truly_happy
Posted

I'd have to hide foliage to use this map with all those gigantic trees, but I love it nonetheless! :loveshower:

Posted
4 hours ago, Truly_happy said:

I'd have to hide foliage to use this map with all those gigantic trees, but I love it nonetheless! :loveshower:


Indeed, it does introduce some new challenge to zoobuilding. The trees do clip away once you are zoomed in and far enough from the base. 

I just learned today that staff can access the gate regardless of cliffs - perhaps this has long been known for other experienced players. So for this little exhibit I built the gate to be flush to the cliff face. 

 

zoo-w-Uoq-AZup2G-ezgif-com-crop.gif

 

Full map. Updated it a little bit compared to the previous image.
Sequoiadendron-Map.png

 

caddienoah
Posted

Nice job on the map. The last three screens you put in, I see only a very thin strip of the top of the screen.

I don't know if it is the site or my end.

Posted
37 minutes ago, caddienoah said:

Nice job on the map. The last three screens you put in, I see only a very thin strip of the top of the screen.

I don't know if it is the site or my end.

 

I am testing different 3rd-party image hosts to lessen the load on Tek and increase image resolution. The last three were hosted through PostImages, which was recommended to me by Vondell. Imgur is my go-to in the past but members from the UK are geo-blocked from seeing it. 

 

I did have some trouble having it displayed correctly on the computer with Zoo Tycoon (Windows 10 - Firefox 157) but it just resolved itself after a while. Can you share what your operating system and browser is? 

Savannahjan
Posted

That map looks amazing, the perfect stage for a wintery zoo.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

eqn3vr.gif


This was another test enclosure for Serpy's new log fences - just like the last two images, to be fair (and the fences are just released today). I also want to highlight how obsessive I am with using Genki's tall grasses.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...