• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrspiggy

• ZooGrammy

• luvmy83wing

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I downloaded that file, but for some reason it didn't work with my pontoon bridge. Will have to work more on it tomorrow. Thanks everyone,if I figure it out, I will post it here. Laura

ZooGrammy

If you look carefully at the picture with the pontoon bridge you will see the bridge end pieces in from of the pontoon bridge. You must match the length of the pontoon bridge with the right length end piece.

here are my screenshots.

1-from the walkway facing the tank

2- I placed the #6 end piece ( tank is 6 tiles wide)

3- turned the screen around to show the bridge sections being placed

4-is the end piece ( I place the end piece with the (x) towards the attraction to see if it made a difference, it didn't

5- installed the bridge sign, zookeeper would not cross into the bridge to get to the croc exhibit on the other side.

I even lowered the tank to be level with the ground, no good.

I know I must be missing a step somewhere.

laura

post-29002-1226198392_thumb.jpg post-29002-1226198406_thumb.jpg

post-29002-1226198423_thumb.jpg post-29002-1226198435_thumb.jpg

post-29002-1226198447_thumb.jpgpost-29002-1226198458_thumb.jpg

Okay I have a few screens maybe these will help you as zoo grammy said there are four "measurements for the entrance 3,6,9,15 theses corrispond to the amount of bridge you use so if useing 1 pontoon segment you use the 3 entrance/exit and must have one on either end of the bridgehelps if you put a path under the bridge also to encourage use but also must have the tunnel signs

post-12370-1226198713_thumb.jpgpost-12370-1226198726_thumb.jpg

post-12370-1226198738_thumb.jpgpost-12370-1226198748_thumb.jpg

thanks exoticcats,for the screen shots.

I'm wondering if it's just my zookeeper, since I don't have any guests yet.

I tried to place the pontoons just over water, no tank, put in 2 sections, thats a #6 front and back end piece and it still didn't work. Placed a path through the bridge, still won't go through.

I guess I will be building bridges in my sleep.

thanks again, laura

You know I don't think I have ever seen a ZK walk through the tunnels , I'm sure they do but I have never seen it. There are two things that I see as a problem The first being guest can be really "stupid .... they can stand directly in front of the bridge and never enter until you place the blue tunnel sign. and two I know the download pic shows it as you have it but I went in and tried it that way and the guests wouldn't walr through until I "split the tank into two tanks. I have one pic that does work.

post-12370-1226200687_thumb.jpg

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

oh and by the way something i noticed when useing the wooden bridge packduring the Aug ZOTM make sure you have another path to exit an area other than just the bidge cause like I said earlier guests can be really DUMB and not use it to exit the area

ZooGrammy

Sorry for just now getting back to you. I don't believe that the zookeeper or other staff will go through the tunnel, only the guests.

Thanks to you both. I was wondering the same thing about the Zk so I will try the bridge with one of my old games that has guests. The screen shot available with the download only shows one tank, not split. But I will try it again both ways.

I don't want to let guests into my zoo until I have the layout finished and the bridges in place. Will give me something to work on this weekend. Thanks again for all your help. Laura

well, I finally got the bridge to work in one of my other zoos. However, the ZK still did not enter, so it is safe to say they never will unless someone can make them, (I wonder who could do that). Anyway thank you for all your help, the screen shots really made it easier. I did find out that you do no have to split your tank to have the pontoon work. I place it inside my main tank and the guests started walking through. It would be nice if there was an intersection piece, that would be neat.

It might help to mention in the description of the pontoon bridge that the ZK will not enter....

again thank you everyone...Laura