City Needs Help -- An Any Time Challenge

fountain

nana_nytowl

Do you mean we can still DO this????

WOW!!! Your screens are awesome and I'd <3 to do this if it's still not too late.

{{{HUGS}}}

• Love 1

Savannahjan

Fountain, your little town is amazing and incredible and beautiful!  You have added so much thought and detail, I am just blown away.  

• Thanks 1

:BTFTHNG:    There is no time limit on this non-contest workbench.  I started it because I was curious what people would do with an atypical map of a city over time & seasons. The workbench is NOT available at is Tek but download is in the first post of this topic Lg.Scene.Concrete Jungle.  Map is courtesy of Zoo Grammy from another site. Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier.

The non-contest is just display of what different eyes & hands will bring.  I did use the map editor on mine & move the walls farther out on the above.

All the wonderful downloads from the 15th Anniversary on an old "playground".   :dromen1:

Looking forward to screenshot no matter when they are submitted!

Jan, I remember doing narration in my head as I was taking those shots.  I was having daily migraines last summer & I thought I had posted these back then. I glad they still look good despite the migraine haze.  Thanks!

• Love 1

I wish I would have done this a while back...maybe will still do...never used that map...I think?...

• Like 1

Zoo Grammy made the map available to this city planning in 2012.  Many thanks for this fun map.:Blove1:  Earlier post has been corrected so people know, too.

And "Thank you!" to original creator! Anybody knows, please tell!

Another revival workbench is in the works presenting a somewhat different land use reclamation challenge. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Just finished City Needs Help the Xmas 2022 zoo exhibits 4 January 2023. Never used northern mountain terrain non-North American birds before. When I tried a rocky, steep small map I was hit "There have been complaints about the poor exhibit and treatment of animal..." thus no more adoption.  I was only on first exhibit and cut off communication from animal. The was open less than s month and smack! --Never got that message before! Disheartening! So I used easy sand map and learned from building exhibits there plus putting in gift and restaurant to help distract guests while I figured out first two exhibits. It worked.

Uh Oh. Just discovered I have redo pix because of unanticipated mingling with info recording pix for my sizing stuff.  Screenshots in couple hours.

Okay. These pix show this is same city map.  I am not finished with the city itself, just a bit of seasonal decor, Deli-grocery, bus shelters, office buildings. Plan on some light industrial replacing airport and dino labs. Zoo exhibits temp is obvious because I don't want to full winter everywhere. Plus crazy Arctic freezing winds changing to upper 40s F DEC 2022 - JAN 1st week 2023 is definite influence.

Zoo001.jpg.5f46d8481e5cb3b9da2707be282f3df8.jpg

Zoo002.jpg.57b2009d7f905cd1c25ca36a376f54df.jpg

Zoo003.jpg.3110dacf5235b205d4ba3913dea828fe.jpg

No airport but expanded zoo with the two chosen "snow" birds, L is Himalayan Snowcock by Borsato, R Blood Pheasant from Hawkeye Pheasant Pack.

Zoo004.jpg.eedeacf6aa3d5401d9daeb7dbb019ac9.jpg

I chose John T's fantasy flying Peary Caribou, R Gryfalcon by Ghrin. below ZBTA team and Tamara Henson made Siberian Crane

Zoo005.jpg.fa9ec928c94152748f9c7ab21591b488.jpg

Yaks get heat distressed at low 50s so I decided not good for the zoo and went with Musk Ox

Zoo006.jpg.947441f5b9247a712e50555d765e3348.jpg

Acrtic Hare also by Tamara Henson, in-game Reindeer, R is Live Snow Man by Devona, Ice Rink is from the amazing 2003 Expansion Pack by many creators, and a bit of the winter area feed warehouses.

Zoo007.jpg.ea676f06f269ede7c614a9fdc6b92385.jpg

tbc...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Savannahjan

Oh wow!  What a great zoo!   Nice work, fountain.  I would love to see some close-up screens, if that's possible.