Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Looks quite the setup, I'm curious to see the rigging :)

My two cents? I think your statement is completely true. It might be a lot of work, especially the first animal (If I'd count the hours I've been struggling already, and looking at the result I currently have)... As you say, the animal will be scaled down. So you can actually work with a lot less details - BUT, for t he plaque, it might come in very handy. And the experience and certain setups (really impressed by what you've figured out! Looking up to you for that one) will help you to make new animals more easily.

I think for possible next animals, you might want to consider something. Do you want a truly unique animal (take my Ocean Sunfish), or something you could probably remodel but for which you could recycle a lot of stuff (I'm thinking: animations) for other animals? (e.g. my Dingo => could be used for foxes, wolves, dogs... or how Taz did a lot of seals). You might need to find a proper balance in that, to have both the proper reward of seeing your animal in action versus the time you invest. Although I have to admit, some animals, definitely in mind, are unique and definitely are more interesting from a creative point of view and to have around in your zoo. That's the reason I look forward to a ZT1-version of your animal :)

Vondell

Practicing armature rigging on something simpler ... here's a posed sprite from all 8 angles just to test my render output settings.

Gingerbread_Pose1_S.pngGingerbread_Pose1_SW.pngGingerbread_Pose1_W.pngGingerbread_Pose1_NW.pngGingerbread_Pose1_N.pngGingerbread_Pose1_NE.pngGingerbread_Pose1_E.pngGingerbread_Pose1_SE.png

Vondell

Not sure what's going on with the pics, I haven't gotten any errors. Are they appearing as broken images or not at all?

Here's the little guy all textured up nice. :)

tumblr_nhgmfvYQxh1td5q8fo1_1280.png

Savannahjan

He's beautiful!