Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Vondell

tumblr_inline_nhrfhioWbd1sh0u1j.gif

Stay tuned folks!

Now, time to consider which of the other ten or twenty potential projects I want to start working on now ... or, maybe I should sleep. :tongue:

post-9648-0-13573500-1420555448_thumb.png

One thing I wonder... but it would require DD (or perhaps MM alone would work fine).... It would be cool if you could rely on hatching eggs. But without the Scientist guy. Unfortunately, I think that part is hardcoded in the game. Not sure about it.

The grass will be a nice addition too! Curious about your other new projects. Do you mind sharing something about them? Perhaps the actual ideas, or if you prefer to surprise us: a path, fence, animal, theme pack ....?

Will you be releasing the Blender files as well now? Could be very interesting!

Vondell

Gosh, after finishing a working animal with all new animations, everything else just seems like a walk in the park.

I've already got this Zoot Cross Utility Path finished and working correctly.

I'm gonna include a second that matched the Zoot Diamond tile I think. These are gonna help me a lot with placement. (And hopefully other people too.)

Oh, and jbl: I'll probably be making those concrete walls from the beginning of the thread into decorative and exhibit fences, and I've got some really interesting ideas for shelters that just operate as shelter "openings" attached to walls or cliffs. And a couple of beautification parts for tanks ... some faux raised walkway type walls/fences ... I've got a big list of things I wanna do.

post-9648-0-22452000-1420595749_thumb.png

Vondell

Figured out the secret to tankable surface foliage with cast shadows. Working on some algae.

marsh.jpg

marsh2.jpg

(it's very blocky and doesn't tile well and only has one rotation currently ... still very much WIP)

It looks good on water terrain too

You might want to consider releasing that path in the utility section. Other designers might find it useful.

Vondell

I have plans to, definitely. I'm working on a second version that matches the diamond tile and the plan is to release them together in the same ZTD.

I've got all the image files for the second one but I haven't configured them yet, so that's where the holdup is. I always end up working on a bunch of different projects simultaneously.

I have plans to, definitely. I'm working on a second version that matches the diamond tile and the plan is to release them together in the same ZTD.

I've got all the image files for the second one but I haven't configured them yet, so that's where the holdup is. I always end up working on a bunch of different projects simultaneously.

That sounds like me and some others too. Some of us are easily side-tracked.

Vondell

Let me know if these images are displaying ... my Green Algae is turning out really, really well. Tiles nicely, animation is subtle and smooth, shadow displays correctly in tanks, really adds a lot to wetland/marsh environments ... it's simple, but it's one of my favorite items I've worked on so far.

algaeidle.gif

algae3.gif

algae2.gif

(you get a really pleasing effect by overlapping the algae on blended grass-to-water terrain)

Cricket

Your images are showing just fine for me now :)

That Green Algae looks interesting! I'm anxious to play with it :yahoo:

Vondell

algae4.gif

Putting the capstone on the Green Algae (Habitat) and Green Algae (Decorative) files and prepping them for testing.

What's next? I'm thinking cattails. I'm on a wetland plants kick.