Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Vondell

Yeah, the Habitat version will count toward the preferred foliage count of the animal's exhibit, the Decorative version can be placed anywhere without bothering the animal.

Cattails are turning out nicely!

nw0000.pngse0000.pngsw0000.png

boat.png

They're looking good indeed! Top notch ideas, Vondell!

Animals, plants are all quite different; and the rendering seems to be nice...
If you're looking for a challenge: I'm curious what kind of building you could come up with that also matches the ZT1 style!
Perhaps an alternative gift shop, restaurant, grand stand ; or a new bouncing toy or swing or an attraction?

(It's a personal thing, but I really don't like buildings which have a very different graphics style... you know, the ones which are mostly recycled from other games).

ZooGrammy

Just love what you are doing! We have really needed this kind of plant life to make exhibits more realistic!

Vondell

Thanks for the kind words ZooGrammy :)

jbl, the one big building project I've got in mind is food/drink stands that use a sort of "cube" shape where if you line them all up in a row they look like a single building. one of the biggest drawbacks to my zoo designing is that there's not really much I can do to make eating areas feel more realistic, because i'm confined to the original ZT individual food stands and user-made downloads that are based on them.

ideally these could be set flush with terrain heights and combined with fence, wall and roof pieces to build many different configurations of buildings.

i'm also working on an animal shelter that occupies a terrain wall tile that creates the illusion of a cave or open entrance when set flush with raised terrain.

test.png

shelter.jpg

Can't decide on what the frame should look like. I want something pleasing to look at but not too distracting, so it can be used in a variety of settings.

i'll be getting the graphics done for those, then i'll worry about programming ...

Savannahjan

The cattails are wonderful! There is a cattail download from many years ago, but the coloring is off just a bit. These will make a great addition.

The connected stands sound very interesting, can't wait to see these develop.

You might want to look at the gate shelter that is in the Panda Research Pack. We designed it to be put in front of an attaction building which guests use so there was the illusion that they could see the pandas inside. It was a way around the fact that animals and guests cannot use the same building.

Vondell

I love that, Fern.

Working a little more on testing this shelter.

Untitled_1.jpg

I will be away this next week, my grandma passed away today and I am going back to Ohio for the arrangements. Feel free to release the handful of CC I've submitted this week if testing goes okay, and full permission to edit any troublesome files that might prevent release.

Be well, all, I'll check back in soon.