Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Vondell

Back home, worked on something interesting in my downtime.

Untitled_3.jpg

Untitled_2.jpg

Untitled_4.jpg

My first "real" path, a Paved Path. Turned out pretty solid I think! Wish there was some trick to give corner caps to the interior curb edges, but that's just a product of how path tiles work. The workaround would be not to have curbs in the first place. :tongue:

If you do not want curbs at all and the parts are the same otherwise then just use the 20 frame for all but the stairs. You would also only need to load that frame and the 4 stairs. The rest would be covered by editing the ai.

I am not sure what you mean by corner caps

Vondell

Oh, just that there's that little notch where the 20 frame sits between the curbed frames and the curbs don't create a hard interior corner.

Untitled_5.jpg

I'm satisfied with it, it's very minor and it's just part of the way path tiles work.

Vondell

Back with something I think you'll all like! :)

preview2.png

cute1.jpg

cute2.jpg

cuteo.jpg

I was going to try to tackle a Gibbon next, but I thought I'd do something a little less complicated than that, but something more complex than the Tortoise! :)

Gonna try to give this fella some programmed and animated interactions with objects, like Bamboo and maybe even a new climbing toy, we'll see. But I've been modeling and rigging for the better part of the last couple of days and I'm real happy with what I've got to show for it so far!

This is another animal I've wanted in my zoo for a long time! (yes, I know there is 1 or 2 versions of it already). Looks like a nice little creature. I hope it's big enough in ZT1 to truly enjoy the work you're putting into it! :)

Vondell

It's true that it's gonna be very small ingame, but even smaller animals are nice when they're fully new and animated attractively. :) You'll be able to see all the animations clearly, even if you'll never see its little teeth, or probably even its eyes. But the same is true for plenty of ingame ZT animals. It's really the quality and variety in animation that counts on an animal like this. And hopefully I'll do good on both counts!

Ultimately I'm just putting the level of detail I am on these because at some point I might want to use them for some other purpose, who knows. Plus I'm just practicing to get better at Blender. And it's nice to have a nice-looking model to do the animal info plaques, too! That's the only place we see most of the ingame models up close.

True. I still love Taz's Giant Armadillo, and I'm assuming this creature will be more or less the same size, or maybe even a little bit bigger.