Baiji by Tasmanian_tiger

Tasmanian_tiger

2 Screenshots

About This File

The baiji is a freshwater dolphin found only in the Yangtze River in China. The dolphin is also called Chinese River Dolphin, Yangtze River Dolphin, Whitefin Dolphin and Yangtze Dolphin. The Baiji population declined drastically in decades as China industrialized and made heavy use of the river for fishing, transportation, and hydroelectricity. Efforts were made to conserve the species, but a late 2006 expedition failed to find any Baiji in the river. Organizers declared the Baiji "functionally extinct",[4] which would make it the first aquatic mammal species to become extinct since the demise of the Japanese Sea Lion and the Caribbean Monk Seal in the 1950s.

I hope you enjoy this addition to your zoos. Combine the baiji with pandas to create lively 'river-tanks'.

Updated: July 10, 2013 by Jay to correct 3 animation views, to remove unnecessary files and configuration lines, and to make some minor adjustments to the animal info.

The update dated Jul 28 2013 is not an update. It is because I moved the file from Animals to Marine.

• Love 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It is a very visually appealing animal but i wish it had a better description...