UI Hack - Bigger Panels 1.0.1

3 Screenshots

About This File

This mod is a user interface enhancement, which makes the info panels for animals, guests, staff, and buildings bigger.  If you would like to see more information all at once in your panels then this is for you.

This is meant for 1366x768 or higher widescreen resolutions, but will work on any resolution. 

This mod is technically a hack, because it modifies game files.  It will not work with other mods that modify these same files.  (color.lyt, drt.lyt, filter.lyt, infoanm.lyt, infoanm1.lyt, infoanm2.lyt, infoanm3.lyt, infocom.lyt, infocom1.lyt, infocom2.lyt, infocomC.lyt, infogst.lyt, infogst1.lyt, infogst2.lyt, infogst3.lyt, infoncm.lyt, infoncm1.lyt, infoncm2.lyt, infostf.lyt, infostf1.lyt, infostf2.lyt, infostf3.lyt, mulanim.lyt, mulguest.lyt, mulhab.lyt, mulhab1.lyt, mulhab2.lyt, mulhab3.lyt, mulhab4.lyt, mulstaff.lyt, tankmod.lyt )

If you have any problems, or find any bugs or issues, leave a message here or msg me directly, thanks!

• Like 2
  • Love 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Very nice and I'm using it with delight. I found some minor problem, though.

At times, I cannot customize my buildings' colour using this hack. Sometimes The colour palette appears in the bottom of the panel normally, but other times not.  It seems to happen randomly, and I can't help myself to fix this. Would you please check the hack file and find out what's the problem?

Sorry for the delay on this... I think it is fixed.  I uploaded a new version (1.0.1).  Thanks Cricket for helping me figure it all out!  Please let me know if you find any buildings that are not working right!

• Like 1

Electric Dreams

Posted

Thank you for the great UI hacks. Zoo Tycoon on a widescreen display now looks much nicer.

It wants to replace your other hack UI Hack - Bigger Panels what do I do

If you have version 1.0.1, the one that is here for download, then yes it should replace the old UI Hack - Bigger Panels.  I fixed a bug, but otherwise they are the exact same thing.

Hey Shaun, it would help to know if there is some sort of conflict happening.  The easiest way to do this is just to empty out everything from your dlupdate folder, and any other folder you may have that has addons in it, and then put in the bigger panels mod and see if it works.  If it still does not work, (and also if you are using the complete collection version of ZT1) then I would know there is something wrong with the mod.  Since no one else has reported any issues yet, usually in this situation, there is another mod that is conflicting with it.  For example this could even be my own UI hacks - Dream Emerald and Lost Amethyst, because they both integrate this mod, so if you have one of those installed, you don't need this mod at all.