Bygone Era Hair and Nail Salon by SavyKet 1.0.0

1 Screenshot

About This File

From the Bygone Era Series, the Hair and Nail Salon by SavyKet (Savannahjan & Cricket) offers your guests the finest in hair and nail services.  Pampered clients may enter or exit the salon from either of the front doors. (Generous tipping is encouraged) 

Requires the latest version of the LANG--ZooTek .dll file for guests to enter and receive services.  You can find it here.

Updated by Cricket in August and September of 2023 to adjust costs and other minor parameters.

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

YoungerPrinceLothric

Posted

I wanted to report a potential bug with this mod: It has existed in my zoo since year once but no guest has ever used it. I don't have anything blocking the way to go in so it's very confusing.

salon.png

Thanks for reporting this, Cricket and I will look into it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

but no guest has ever used it.

Try reducing the $30.00 down to $10.00 then see if the guests start using it.

salon_reduced_cost.png.2a9a7a4044c7cc7d64b5717813ef2348.png

I put together a new version that defaults to $10.00 instead of $30.00.  With that version, my guests started using it.

If you have this same success, then I will officially update with the newer version. 

YoungerPrinceLothric

Posted

Apologies for my late reply. I wanted to report that I've been loaded in for at least a half hour now and have not seen a single guest walk into the building. The income remains the same but, curiously, the upkeep and profit seem to go up from time to time.

image.png.2e34683ea246c35bc9e72cc2faa9b8af.pngimage.png.831c29312bdedb2b36161c853f04b0a5.png

There are 2 different things that you can try.  When I test a new version, I first go through and delete ANY instances of that building.  According to this screen, you have at least 2 more instances of this building somewhere in your zoo.  Delete all of them.  Save then exit your zoo.  Open your zoo back up then place the new version.  See if it works better then.

Or ...

You could start a new zoo with the kid's map.  Place this salon over by the marine show.  This is where you will probably find the most guests congregating. 

YoungerPrinceLothric

Posted

I'm currently testing it near the dolphin show tank in the kid's zoo as we speak. I wanted to ask, though, is it possible that the guest hack I use (the one that makes them happy no matter what) could be interfering with them wanting to use the building in the first place? I believe I also have the 'fillemup' hack.

Oh yes.  That could most definitely be interfering lol.  I would imagine with that hack that your guests probably are not using any of your buildings that fulfill their basic needs lol.

YoungerPrinceLothric

Posted

I will remove my hack files and report back if anything changed in the kid's map 👍

• Like 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

Posted

Update: No hack files exist in this save file (kid's zoo map) that edit guests, and I have nothing in my folder that touches buildings. despite the income section finally saying something other than 0, I haven't seen a single guest go inside. They continue to walk past it without a care. The math here is all over the place. It's amusing, but still bewildering. 

image.png.d10fbf3a85293f65f44cb3499e57ce78.png

YoungerPrinceLothric

Posted

Update: Finally caught someone coming out! This is what his inventory said when I hovered over it, no lie 😂
image.png.5d3fa88ab8479d675c708cdbf5c6ef0f.png

• Haha 2

Are all of your .dll files the most current ones??  lol

I was just checking lol.  Actually, that particular building sells a service with this icon:

differenticon.png.58952bba0f642ae884977548ea9017de.png

The guest thought for this will be:
"These salon services make me feel so pampered!"

Do you have the Cinderella Castle by Jane in your zoo?  That's where that guest thought you posted would have come from.