Vondell's Zoos

Vondell

Vondell

I do actually have a couple more things you might be interested in. A few years ago I made some additional parts to match Catfish's aviary cage set that includes 1- and 2-unit-high cage walls and a 2-unit-high 3x3 cage roof, as well as a wall matching the height of Catfish's set with a 2-unit-high hole at the bottom, so an enclosure using both heights can be connected. The hole wall and the 1-unit-high wall can combine to form a 5-unit-high wall with a raised "window".

aviary cage prev.png

There's also a 2-unit-high 3x3 glass ceiling that works the same way as the aviary ceilings where it only takes up the middle tile. I've found the corners on the glass ceiling can be a little buggy overlapping with neighboring graphics because of that, especially fences and walls directly around them, but it's bearable.

Here they are in a zip. [update: these files need realignment before use]

If you try them out, let me know if you run into any placement/alignment issues with them, I'm pretty sure I found the most recent versions of the files I've got but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vondell said:

I do actually have a couple more things you might be interested in. A few years ago I made some additional parts to match Catfish's aviary cage set that includes 1- and 2-unit-high cage walls and a 2-unit-high 3x3 cage roof, as well as a wall matching the height of Catfish's set with a 2-unit-high hole at the bottom, so an enclosure using both heights can be connected. The hole wall and the 1-unit-high wall can combine to form a 5-unit-high wall with a raised "window".

aviary cage prev.png

There's also a 2-unit-high 3x3 glass ceiling that works the same way as the aviary ceilings where it only takes up the middle tile. I've found the corners on the glass ceiling can be a little buggy overlapping with neighboring graphics because of that, especially fences and walls directly around them, but it's bearable.

Here they are in a zip.

If you try them out, let me know if you run into any placement/alignment issues with them, I'm pretty sure I found the most recent versions of the files I've got but I could be wrong.

Thank you Vondell. That is great! I'll keep you informed. 

Hey Vondell,

I seem to experience some problems when i rotate. I made a gif to try and show you.

The first piece is a catfish aviary piece, which aligns well with the concrete square. Then your pieces are used. it seems that there is a space between the two pieces. They don't touch. But they seem to be nicely aligned with the square. But then i rotate and it seems that they are in front of the square line..

The corners then don't touch with the pieces and the roof is only well positioned in three out of four directions.

What do you think? Is it clear how i explained it?

5bc701feda4de_Naamloos11_16_59.2018-10-1711_33_21.gif.754e4e04102426d89ab99214e8d30635.gif

Vondell it is the same thing as you did with the waterfall fence. Plus they are out of alignment. There is a knack to getting things to merge as I discovered with the cdl coloured buildings.

Do you want me to fix these.

21 minutes ago, Fern said:

Vondell it is the same thing as you did with the waterfall fence. Plus they are out of alignment. There is a knack to getting things to merge as I discovered with the cdl coloured buildings.

Do you want me to fix these.

Would be nice fern. I think I am not the only one wanting to use those.

Lets see what Vondell thinks.

Vondell

Thanks for the feedback on those. I could only find older files of them and haven't had my game up to test them, they must have been versions from before I got the alignments right. I know I had them correct at one point because I remember building with them, but I must have lost that file.

If you want to take a swing at correcting the alignments, Fern, feel free to do so, and thank you. I'm not able to edit/test right now or I would.

Would you like some working fences too? Since the graphics aren't there for slopes they would be for flat areas but I can do that.

Vondell

I've just made some graphics for sloped sections that should fit, if you want to configure them as fences. I included some non-animated gate pieces if you were thinking of configuring them as exhibit fences as well.

Cage_Fence_1H_slope_1.png.d60f3e211f51c9c99126c823f530c58e.pngCage_Fence_1H_slope_2.png.1b9db33929f46ff27ad862bead6e9e35.png  Cage_Fence_2H_slope_1.png.aeab905ef2adfafed3d172ad93f5f86c.pngCage_Fence_2H_slope_2.png

Cage_Fence_1H_slope_1_gate.png.e3a082e8275913385c4d22d7a5b399f4.pngCage_Fence_1H_SW_gate.png.7e49a51d83d59d3849e5db33c14cf480.pngCage_Fence_1H_slope_2_gate.png.af743e960ccb9d2c6bfb8f9b3aff5e13.png   Cage_Fence_2H_slope_1_gate.png.e32b964c41731e184683ebf869a30816.pngCage_Fence_2H_SW_gate.png.22dde5f730730e4197316c7188380ae5.pngCage_Fence_2H_slope_2_gate.png.7ec112da08e0da969496ce99dcfe933d.png

Let me know if you find they need any adjustment.

aviary-fence-extra-graphics.zip

• Like 1

Savannahjan

What a great addition to the aviary set!  Thanks Vondell and also, thank you Fern.

It has been so wonderful to look back at all your screens, Vondell.  I will always cherish our Route 66 project with dear Ariznana. 

So you've got to get the game back up and going. :poke:

• Love 1