• MaastrichianFan
    • LapisLazuli77
    • palanix77
    • Luz21
    • strider213
    • Fern

Marine Mania: show tanks - grandstands?

jbl89

I can't figure out why this happens, but I've created a new show tank, and I'm trying to add grand stands on 2 sides of it - something which did work in another show tank I've deleted by now.

For some reason, when clicking on any grand stand on one of those sides, the show tab doesn't show up. So the grand stands are there, but not functioning. They're all 1 square from a tank, with nothing in between, except a path.

Anyone knows why this might be happening?

It's weird - I built another tank, there it works perfectly.

For the problem tank, it doesn't help to simply reinstate it.

It seems to have something to do with the height of the tank and the level of it's base... If it goes to low, only 1 side's grand stands are recognized, the other 2 sides' grandstands don't work anymore.

All grand stands are on the same level.

And the back of the problem grandstands are also clear? Never tired having stands on more than one side of a tank.

Having stands on multiple sides worked perfectly. I even did a quick test with 4 sides.

It's only in that one spot, and strangely enough, only when I alter the base level of the tank to a certain point, that 2 out of the 3 sides do not seem to recognize the show tank anymore, despite being able to when I do keep the tank on a slightly higher base level. It's really weird, and now I can't get the tank deep enough for certain tricks.

I could share this particular zoo, I think, although some exhibits would appear empty due to containing a few altered downloads.

Savannahjan

That is really odd. With not being able to get the tank deep enough, however, it could be that the tank if already too low to begin with. As you know on flat ground, the terrain tool can only raise the ground to a certain height, as well as to a certain depth. Maybe the lie of the land where the tank is sitting is already lower than midground, so not as much additional depth can be achieved. Hope that made sense. Maybe this could have something to do with the stands on one side not engaging. ZT does have some quirks sometimes, especially with elevation. Sometimes I will form a high peak and then try to lift up flat the next highest square and it simply won't pull up. I have to lift more than one square at a time to get them to come up. Other times, that second square will straighten up just fine.

It's a weird behavior indeed. All grandstands are on the same level. One of the three sides works all the time.

Currently, all three sides work - so I did place the grand stands correctly. But as soon as I sink the entire show tank (so not simply adjusting the tank walls), only one of the three sides of grand stands still shows the show tab, and it's the only side guests will sit on from that point onwards. I've tried a few things, it's the same story if I build a little tank next to it. It's really weird...