Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Fern
    • PollyPocketFan79
    • TRIFORCE89

Buildings Cost

jkreig

I know that in ZT1 there are different price categories for the admission fees. I was wondering if there was any price categories for the cost of the buildings. I.e. does it matter how much it costs to get a hot dog at the hot dog stand or is it better to just leave it at the default price?

Raise the cost of food $1.00-$5.00 as along as the guests do not complain. Guests "expect" to pay more at the zoo.

When you think about real life, getting food into those locations is a bit of a challenge because there is no easy street access to the building; those food stands, etc. are in the middle of the zoo. In real life I would expect reputable zoos to be non-profit businesses. In the game, entrance fees and food and entertainment pay for the zoo costs and even expert employees come cheap and so do the animals. It is "Zoo Tycoon" after all.

I figure everyone is entitled to reasonably priced drinks so I don't raise the drink prices too much. In game food is a different story. --They should have eaten before the visit.

In the "Free Admission" senario food, drink, and entertainment, and those hard to come-by sustaining donations support the zoo.