Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• LapisLazuli77
    • Goosifer

Playing ZT1 on a tablet

twigabor

Okay guys I am sooo happy

I have been playing this game for sooooo long.

But with my recent work and social life it got harder and harder to take the time to sit behind my desktop and play ZT1.

I am a big fan of the tablet and have an Ipad for over 4 years now. However one thing really anoyed me was that I could not get ZT1 on there. And the likelyness of them ever creating a zoo app with similar dept and gameplay seemed dismall.

So. I went in search of an answer and I found it!!!!!

post-23762-0-33066600-1430653594_thumb.jpg

I bought a new tablet running on windows 8.1. (asus vivotab 8 m81c to be exact and its very cheap!!!)

And it just runs the same as a PC does and so I tranported some files from the cdrom and installed it!

It works very well. It does have some conflicting movements as to when it comes to scrolling the field vertically so still need to finetune that with my tablet settings. But you can easily navigate by using the small map in the left bottom corner

I am overly excited about my new tablet with ZT1

I hope I will find more time to play my fav game.

If you have any questions I'll gladly answer them

BTW it also plays all the downloads of the recent contest without problems

Cricket

Sweet! So happy to hear this Twigabor! I don't know much about tablets, but I'm glad that you are able to run ZT on it :)

I'm not a big fan of tablets. I have an Ipad, but use it mostly for communictions. I don't find it a good platform to actually do some work on. But having said that, I was curious to what you found. It's good to hear Zootycoon is running on a tablet! Because like it or not, it is the future. And I find it wonderful that this game apparantly is able to keep running, even in the future! Thanks for sharing this information!

Firehawke

Thats great news, Twigabor! Have fun!!!

Savannahjan

Wow, that's great news. Now ZT is super portable. So how do the graphics and animals look on a small format? Is it easy to you to see subtle details?

ooooooh that is the best news ever in the world! As yours runs on a window's I recon it won't work on an apple would it?

Wow, that's great news. Now ZT is super portable. So how do the graphics and animals look on a small format? Is it easy to you to see subtle details?

Graphics are great since this tablet has a higher resolution then any pc launched back in the day they developed ZT1

ooooooh that is the best news ever in the world! As yours runs on a window's I recon it won't work on an apple would it?

Sadly no. I tried some ways in the past on my ipad but there was just no option

This is awesome Twigabor!

With my luck, I would get playing during lunch and forget the time!!

• 2 weeks later...
Savannahjan

Can you take screenshots in that format? Would love to see your work again.