Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• SKazoroski
    • MarkBL20
    • ZooForce11

cEatVegetationChance

jbl89

Some files include some beta characteristics, but I was wondering about this one: cEatVegetationChance .

It seems to occur more frequently. But is vegetation ever eaten? Or am I wrong in assuming this would have been some form of animals eating foliage?

From Jay:

cEatVegetationChance was a characteristic in the beta and is ignored in the officially released ZT.

Was it ever really implemented/working in the beta? It would be cool if we could reactivate this feature.

I can see why a company would drop this, or just remove a line in the foliage configuration which would have made foliage edible.

From Jay

I do not know or care what was implemented/working in the beta. But I suspect cEatVegetationChance had nothing to do with foliage. It says "Vegetation" and not "Foliage". I suspect it worked like cDrinkWaterChance, which still exists and is still implemented. cDrinkWaterChance says how often the animal will go to water terrain and "drink" from it. The animations used for drinking are the same animations used for eating food. So the animal lowers its head to the ground, does its "eat" animation, and then raises its head. cEatVegetationChance might have just been how often the animal would lower its head on non-water terrain to pretend it was eating the terrain. If that is true, then what is in the released ZT is better. In the released ZT, it is the behavior sets that control how often an animal lowers its head to "eat" non-water terrain. Using behavior sets, it is possible to control how often it is done based on how happy the animal is and it is possible to change how much time is spent with the head lowered compared to the food eating behavior set and it is possible to use a different animation than "eat", such as using "sniff".