• Total Members
    • Most Online

asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• There are no registered users currently online

Guest WolfLink97

Guest WolfLink97

Finally getting back into the hang of playing Zoo Tycoon 1 after all these years is really great,

glad I was able to find the few mods and downloads that have adjusted my zoos to their creativity level you are seeing :D

2r4iu7o.jpg

First up is the entrance and guest area where people can visit the "Zooporium" for information on animals, the natural world and about the zoo's development over the past years. Nearby is the food court as well as the aviary where exotic African birds can be seen, a building for kids to pet small creatures like hedgehogs, guinea pigs and chinchillas, the gift shop and an insect house where you get to walk amongst the bugs in their jungle environment.

xlf8rq.jpg

Heading a bit north of the central area is the Barn. Here guests can pet and interact with the friendly farmyard creatures such as our herd of sheep and pack of lovely Vietnamese pot-bellied bigs. Entering the attraction you will also see a variety of domestic fowl such as chickens, ducks and pheasants as well as a rabbit pen.

5bxreo.jpg

If anyone were to start walking ahead and going right you'd enter the Asian Trail: this series of exhibits is dedicated to supporting and nurturing exotic animals from Eastern and Central Asia. This mountain-side is home to a family of cuddly red pandas.

255jkgp.jpg

Next to those fellas is our Japanese Serow exhibit where these bovines roam around their rocky sanctuary. Heading north on the trail will bring you to our Japanese Pagoda where the sakura and snowbell trees blossom, as well as a spot for guests to sit down and relax watching the koi swim around our garden pond.

10z6cjl.jpg

East of the Serows is our exhibit for Raccoon Dogs. These guys like to hunt around near their pond and are the only canines to hibernate, though our pups tend to perk up and want to play when the snowfall has come.

vpg1ow.jpg

West right next to them is our Asian Small-Clawed Otters. These two were orphans sent to care at an animal hospital in Indonesia before they found comfort in their zoo as their new home.

23lcxsy.jpg

Our Siberian Tigers are considered one of the highlights of the zoo. Ever since our opening ages ago, we've successfully bred and released 10 tiger cubs that have been safely delivered to roam the wild taiga of Far East Russia.

2m60e89.jpg

The Oriental Soul is a small marketplace based upon the feudal and modern times of Eastern Asia. Visitors may be silks, pottery, ceramics and exotic spices and preserves here as well as check out a replica of an ancient Chinese emperor's palace.

53qx01.jpg

There is also a pleasant little rock garden to check out, as well as our forest abode for Japanese Red Foxes. Our alpha Minato has bred only one cub with his mate Kushina, that being Naruto who is still on the search to find his sweetie amongst the brambles and branches.

2mo9t.jpg

Our wild boars Ino and Chouji were love at first sight, or was it snout. These two have produced a fine litter of piglets over the years, plus a friendship with a fellow Shiitake, an old but sturdy hog sent to us in need of care

after being injured from a snare trap. He gets along very well with the other piggies.

Guest WolfLink97

2hqywlj.jpg

We swing on over to see one of the cheekiest faces in the jungle. Our orangutans Louie and Lucile and their small family enjoy monkeying around on the jungle gym and twirling on their specially-designed tire swing.

2iav5t5.jpg

Next to these apes is own private Amazon Lagoon that the capybaras and Chilean flamingos share. They sure love to take a dip and splash around on a hot summer day.

ta0x08.jpg

Ha-hoo, hoo-hah! It's our little jungle village where guests can sit around the bonfire, make woven bracelets or necklaces and try a bit of delicious banana chia pudding, alfajores or Brazillian three-bean salad.

dq2l1l.jpg

Going left of the village you can see our anteaters Schnoz and Snuffle actively digging for delicious termites.

2rhvh4j.jpg

Que pasa? Why it's our friendly iguanas and their rainforest retreat.

10n9dh5.jpg

It started with two bats named Bruce and Selina, but they multiplied into a whole flock of fliers over time. Our bat enclosure holds at least four known South American species: vampire, lesser spear-nosed,

pale-faced and Mexican free-tailed. They sure seem to go batty when they rise from the cave by dusk. Also squawking next door is our vivid Blue-and-Gold Macaws. (we breed chicks for future release into the wild, not for the purpose

of being sold as pets)

2dqm590.jpg

Our vicunas are rather sloppy and tend to slobber, but they prance about in their exhibit designed to recreate the natural feeling of the Andes Mountains.

5p0u82.jpg

Ouch! be careful around those quills if you're observing our Malayan Porcupines. That stump is the preferred pleasure for these rodents to gnaw their teeth down on.

I LOVE the zoo tek garden and oriental marketplace! Very creative!

Beautiful exhibits!!!

Where did you get your red panda?

Guest WolfLink97

Hehe thanks, the Red Panda isn't actually an animal it's a decorative statue from a pack on the ZTCDD. I think it was called "Converted ZT2 Animal Statues". :D

Rats! Such beautiful graphics and I really, really want a better red panda! I saw them at the Philadelphia zoo last September. So gorgeous and interesting in person!

Guest WolfLink97

v8l9pg.jpg

South of the anteaters is home to our howler monkeys. They really enjoy the kapok and banana trees and of course their bellowing is heard far beyond their enclosure.

29g0k1c.jpg

And next to them are some rather smug Madagascan Crocodiles. I would not recommend of course not getting too close to them in the pit, they'll thrash about in the water when anxious.

2h5k9dw.jpg

Our little corner here is dedicated to some Australian fauna. The koalas seem to be playful and out of the eucalyptus trees, but where's the wombat? He's probably hiding in the burrow. Across from these fellas is our pond for a small group of platypus that have hatched here in our clinic, they really get along well with the other marsupials.

2ebr5uc.jpg

Our Asian Black Bears, Baloo and Ursa don't mind the chilly winds and feel at home as they were in the Himalayas. They really enjoy being fed a treat once in a while, usually some honey or wild nuts.

2d8ibt0.jpg

Nearby the bears is our Arabian Oryx enclosure. Our herd eats the preferred tall glasses and seeks shade under the trees and cacti. Wise old Abu can be seen nearby the watering hole with his grand-calf Hana,

2drt3ep.jpg

Our colony of meerkats is enjoying a scurry around the warm sands and grasses. These guys always perk up whenever something catches their attention, they're very alert.

qo7leq.jpg

These spotted hyenas are no laughing stocks. This pack enjoys the shade of the termite mounds and ravaging much like they would by night in search of scraps of meat the zookeepers throw in to keep them nourished.

24vt95f.jpg

The ostriches and their chicks enjoy the presence of visitors to show off their fine plumage.

2jcbpy1.jpg

A combined lagoon for the hippos and shoebill storks.

biulu0.jpg

A nice little center of attractions for the young guests. Kids can visit the Alligator Arcade to play video games and win prizes, bounce around in the ball pit or hitch a ride on one of our trained elephants that make their home inside the building on the end, they were also rescued from a circus that shut down.

And well, that's it for my zoo here. I'll be sure to post more when I make some more stuff :)

Guest WolfLink97

Here's a little zoo I started and finished today called "Pachyderm Park"

168g12g.jpg

The African Bush Elephants on the savanna plains.

34ngljr.jpg

The African Black Rhinos.

28bfr0p.jpg

The Indian Rhinos deep in the jungle.

160ucg5.jpg

Also from the deep jungle are our Asian Elephants.

e0jwy0.jpg

A combined enclosure based on the rainforest for both the Brazilian and Malayan Tapirs.

5v0t3t.jpg

The enclosure for the Hippos, complete with a pond for these guys to chill out in.

25frbph.jpg

This wildlife park also has a home for two specimens of one of the rarest ungulates in the world, the Sumatran Rhino.

2hphrvb.jpg

The zookeepers' area where the animals' food is stored and wastes are composted. The staff gather to discuss plans to care for the creatures in the tent.

The hippo pond is my fave! Also love the zookeepers area! So creative! Good job!