• Goosifer
    • PollyPocketFan79
    • Fern
    • MarkBL20
    • AnkyloJoe

Atlantia

RoderickRavn

RoderickRavn

After the success of the research institute, I figured I would start to build some more ideas out of zoos. The next zoo I've built is based of the legend of Atlantis, a supposedly lost continent. Atlantis exists in this world, as a continent in the middle of the Atlantic. It contains many biomes, which I'll show here.

To start, the shrouding mist that protected Atlantia for so long has disappeared, leaving the island open to visitors. A research team was dispatched from JDR to see what type of environment and research could be conducted there. They first encountered the ruins of an ancient city, and almost immediately set up a base camp.

post-104413-0-35254900-1437330537_thumb.jpg

post-104413-0-34555300-1437330557_thumb.jpg

Once the base camp was up and running, our investigative team started exploring the ruins. Much to the surprise of everyone, at the end of the ruins, a pristine staircase was found. Could it be? Was the civilization still around? Find out in the next installment of Atlantia!

post-104413-0-96501500-1437330740_thumb.jpg.

VERY NICE SCENERY . THE STORY IS NEAT . WAITING FOR THE NEXT PART .

Okay, now I want to know what happens! I hate cliff hangers! More please! LOVE this story, and the mysterious feel to what you have build so far.

RoderickRavn

The investigation does indeed come upon the market place. How wondrous! Atlanteans actually live! Diplomatic conversations are quickly commenced, and the team soon becomes immersed in Atlantean culture. Here in the market place all sorts of goods are available. Spices, silks, pottery, cuisine...you name it they got it. The culture is very greek-like, with other influences. The restaurants here serve turtle eggs, which is a huge commodity. Like chicken eggs to other people, turtle eggs are to atlanteans. Here in the market place our team encounters large tortoises related to other large island tortoises. They provide eggs to the population.

post-104413-0-70548200-1437337207_thumb.jpg

post-104413-0-30342700-1437337223_thumb.jpg

The atlanteans want to hold a forum in the Avalon gardens. Here we see influences from northwestern Europe. This part of the island is called Lyonesse, and includes the famous Avalon gardens and adjacent Broceliande forest. Our team finds creature found no where else on earth. Unicorns can be seen at the entrance.

post-104413-0-21463500-1437337384_thumb.jpg

Along the garden path, our team finds griffins, which Atlanteans use to guard treasure. Here we also find spotted hart and Atlantean pony, two domesticates. Also, to the teams wondrous surprise, a type of surviving dinosaur is found. The Atlanteans call them Iguan beasts, which the team has determined is a late-surviving species of iguanodon. They are used as beasts of burden.

post-104413-0-19548700-1437337568_thumb.jpg

post-104413-0-34630200-1437337590_thumb.jpg

post-104413-0-62234000-1437337611_thumb.jpg

That's it for now. Stay tuned for more!

VERY NICE AGAIN . THE STORY KEEPS YOUR INTEREST TOO .

Very nice job! I like how your zoo happens in small pieces...leaving the rest in a shroud...until that area is come upon...I'm looking forward to see the newly discovered areas of your creation!

Great story so far! I like how you incorporate the animals into the story!

What a fun idea! Love your story and your use of downloads is great...can't wait to see more!

ZooGrammy

A thoroughly fascinating story and wonderful layout for the zoo!