Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Knol
    • Luz21
    • kenny

Windows 10

ZooGrammy

ZooGrammy

Does anyone have Windows 10 on their computer? I was wondering if Zoo Tycoon works on it. My husband already has it on his lap top and planning on putting it on our other machines.

Savannahjan

That is good to know since we are going to have to get another computer at some point soon, probably when they offer some good deals for the holidays.

Does Windows 10 run like 8, as in it is driven by aps, rather than the usual program format? I don't have a smart phone/I phone and am totally confused by the app driven Windows 8 format. Computing has been mostly the same once Windows came out up through Windows 7, but this new way of doing things has left a lot of us old timers in the dust, scratching out heads.

I HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND ITS AWESOME . WINDOWS 8 AND 8.1 WERE THE PITTS . LOL

THERE ARE STILL APPS BUT THE OLD START MENU IS ALSO BACK . NO AGGRAVATING "CHARMS" POPPING UP IN YOUR FACE ALL THE TIME AND A LOT OF NEW FEATURES .

IT HAS ITS OWN BROWSER CALLED MICROSOFT EDGE . YOU CAN USE IT OR YOU CAN USE IE 11 . I SWITCH BACK AND FORTH DEPENDING ON WHAT I AM DOING AT THE TIME .

ZT1CC RUNS UNDER COMPATIBILITY JUST LIKE IT DID ON WIN 7 . I ALSO HAVE ZT2 ON WINDOWS 10 .

LUCKILY , LAST CHRISTMAS TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE SENT MY "SEAOTTER " A LAPTOP FOR CHRISTMAS . MY SISTER AND MY OLD HIGH SCHOOL FRIEND OF 55 YEARS .

SO , WE HAVE WIN 7 ON TWO LAPTOPS AND WIN 10 ON THE OTHER . I ALSO HAVE WIN XP ON MY OLD DELL DESKTOP. , JUST BECAUSE . LOL

IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE NEW LOOK OF WIN 10 YOU CAN TWEAK IT TO LOOK LIKE WIN 7 .

APPS ARE COOL ONCE YOU GET USED TO THEM OR YOU CAN NOT USE THEM AT ALL . ITS YOUR CHOICE .

YOU WONT BE ABLE TO TURN OFF "AUTOMATIC UPDATE " ON WIN 10 . THIS IS BECAUSE DURING THE NEXT 3 YEARS MICROSOFT WILL BE ADDING NEW FEATURES TO WIN 10 . ONE IS THE HOLOGRAM !!

AND SOME WILL BE FEATURES THAT WERE ORIGINALLY PLANNED FOR WIN 11 .

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LIKE TO RUN MORE THAN ONE DESKTOP LIKE I DO , INSTEAD OF HAVING TO HAVE AN EXTRA MONITOR AND A VIRTUAL MACHINE INSTALLED , THIS FEATURE IS BUILT INTO WIN 10 .

CHECK IT OUT !! YOU WILL LIKE IT .

Glad to know that ZT1 & ZT2 both work with Win 10! I have the option for a free upgrade and have been hesitant - I do not like to get new software as soon as it is released - waiting for others to find the bugs.

I have 10 computers and all have been updated to Win 10 and had no problems. Both Zoo tycoons are on 5 of them with no trouble. 10 seams to be a lot better then 8.1 like the new start button.

Savannahjan

Would love to see some detailed instructions (for dummies :tongue:) on how to go in and change the look to Windows 7, and also how to change the compatibility for ZT. If we had this, as members convert to 10, they could be sure to get their game going.

Professor Paul

I found that I had to delete the game & reinstall it. But make sure you store all your dls first, & then deleted any folders that might still be on your c drive before you reinstall

THERE IS A WEBSITE ONLINE CALLED "HOWTOGEEK.COM " . THEY HAVE A DETAILED SECTION ON WIN 10 AND HOW TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE WIN 7 . HOWEVER , IT IS SET UP SO WELL , I DONT THINK YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE IT .

IT IS EASY TO NAVIGATE .

YOU WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH AND SET ALL YOUR PREFERENCES FOR PRIVACY AND ETC . THAT WIL TAKE A LITTLE TIME .

ALSO IF YOU DONT CARE FOR THE NEW BROWSER "MICROSOFT EDGE" YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF USING INTERENT EXPLORER 11 .

I HAVE BOTH IN THE TASK BAR SO I CAN SWITCH BACK AND FORTH .

MICROSOFT EDGE IS A REALLY SMOOTH BROWSER AND USES MSN.COM FOR THE HOME PAGE AND BING FOR THE SEARCH .

I HAVE NOT HAD ANY TROUBLE INSTALLING PROGRAMS FROM WIN 7 .