Newest Member
    Sladhued

• Luz21
    • TRIFORCE89
    • bxdczoo
    • Goosifer

Map editor Q

fountain

Can a user workbench be edited for personal use with the map editor?

I am being a pain, I know.

I've been to parks and places over the years --my father was big and model train enthusiast-- that had self contained outdoor garden-size railroads where the engines were a foot high, larger trains that were rideable for small children, and larger trains rideable for adults. I'd like the Savannah Jan Western workbench train to be a zoo-contained curcuit pretending it was a zoo tour rather than have tracks leading out of zoo.

I suspect I'd have to build my own workbench to acheive this. And it annoys me that the tracks outside the walls bug me so much.

Savannahjan

I'm sure it can be once you find the actual entrance gate. Sometimes those can be hard to spot in usermade maps.

I got it now. I had tried Jay's Developer Map Editor but changed to the Zoo Admin Map Editor.

I simply deleted the tracks on the back of the zoo. In the front I deleted tracks and changed some of the decor. I added "Notracks" to the name when I saved this version (screenshot below). I am quite fond of this workbench and I still have the original workbench saved. Now maybe my brain will settle down and let me work on this zoo!

Thanks, Jan!

post-21902-0-97834800-1441501178_thumb.jpg

I've done a reconstruct, to many workbenches that I've found. I have done that even to some of my own workbenches, when the design didn't fit with the design I wanted to do.

I can't wait to see how you reconstructed the workbench...To tell you a secret...I almost put the train/tracks in a circle...but decided not to. I understand you not liking the cut off of tracks by the exterior wall...I've cone up with a solution...but because it is already published, I'm not going to post the redo of the workbench.

My game crashed and there are some corrupted files...I can't get to the screenshots that I did of the possible redo...as soon as I can, I'll post screens of the redo, in my screenshot thread.

Looking forward to it!

Okay so I decided to fix a waterfall view because I used a different waterfall fence that what was used in the workbench. Then I decided to add more prarrie terrain and when I put back the gate in correct position and saved and closed and restarted the game my animals disapeared and it would not let me buyand place animals or objects even though I deleted the map editor. Screen message: Animals/objects must be placed inside zoo wall." I Reviewed the instructions and did the whole procedure again, even restarted my computer afterward...

And so I'm redoing the zoo from the begining. I deleted the corrupted zoos from my saved games just in case.

Is that typical to lose your animals? Wierd thing is I had guests but no animals.

You probably put the gate back the wrong way round. Did you try to place animals on the outside? That would be one way of telling if you have the gate the right way round. It is very specific about which way it faces.

Are you using the ZA one or the one Jay created. I think Jay labelled his so you would know whether it was the front or back of the gate.

The game would not let me put objects or animals in the zoo or outside the walls. I tried 3differents times following the instructions exactly.

This past week my computer would tell me ZT was running when it was not, meaning I would try delete a dl after I closed a game and the computer insisted the game was still running. I had to restart the computer before I could any dls.

Since I got rid of the wierd zoos that would not let me add objects or animals I have less of a problem deleting unwanted user-created dls.