Truly_happy's Projects, Ideas and To-do's

Truly_happy

Z.Z.

I never use them, guests actually dont like them because they smell, much in the way they dont like the compost building (which I dont use either specifically for that reason), but they will enter a restaurant to use the restroom even if they arent hungry, so they remain happy regardless, which is why I like the single tile restaurants and gift shops (Configured Doors, Welcome Mats, Arboreal Buildings, Celestial Buildings, Caviaries, etc.) , they can go pretty much anywhere and satisfy most of the guests needs.

Another added benefit of using restaurants as opposed to stands is I dont need trash cans and I dont have to pay maintenance men to clean up the zoo, I only need them for tank filters, and a male one to name Bob V if Im not using the invisible fence.

:)

Truly_happy

I was aware of most of those tricks, Z.Z., but I always have a compost house just for the extra cash. Try putting it in a far corner and surrounding it with scenery that blocks your guests' view.

Anyway, I think I'd just enjoy having one less door to make out of each set. I have made four sets so far with combined files. I'd have to redo the combined files but I think that extra work could be justified if it means less work in another area.

Truly_happy
1 hour ago, Cricket said:

How on earth do you keep your guests happy without potties????  :bloos1:  My guests aren't always hungry.  Sometimes when they ride the carousel or visit a museum, they need a potty afterwards and are not necessarily hungry.  I always have a potty next to an attraction.

Huh. Really, my guests hardly use bathrooms. I'll make bathrooms if you need them. Sorry if that clutters things for others.

I build with regularly spaced restaurants. They satisfy all guest needs-hunger, potty, rest. No trashcans, no separate bathrooms. Very few maintenance workers. I do use benches, mostly for looks, but the guests do use them. I adore small (1-2 tile) restaurants and gift shops.

I actually dislike the stands. They make the zoo look cluttered, don't satisfy hunger and thirst well, and require trashcans, maintenance workers, restrooms, & tables. All of that takes up more room than the standard restaurant. I've never checked, but I suspect it's cheaper to construct a restaurant as well.

Z.Z.
59 minutes ago, Truly_happy said:

I always have a compost house just for the extra cash

When I build a zoo, the first thing I do is SHIFT 4 until I have 10 million dollars, then set all my research to max and let the game run while I modify the map until all research is complete, then pause the game while I build the zoo, so I dont need the few extra bucks from the compost building, and it takes up too much room anyway, room that I could be using for attractions or exhibits, so I just dont use it.

Truly_happy

I hear you, Heather, but what do you do when you just start a free-form zoo and you don't have the option to build a restaurant for many game months?

Z.Z.
1 hour ago, Truly_happy said:

what do you do when you just start a free-form zoo and you don't have the option to build a restaurant for many game months?

Just let the game run until all the research is done.

But if I remember correctly, the main game restaurant and the main game gift shop are available at the start, they dont have to be researched or anything, or has it been that long since I started from the beginning?

Or are you talking about the tutorial and scenario maps?

Savannahjan

I do use restrooms, always, but not many.  I place a few in and always have foliage and trees around them.  I like to have the unusual or themed ones here and there in some more remote areas.  I also do like the stands, but not the in-game ones so much.  I prefer the user made ones that fit the theme and look I am going for.  I'm an old lady and have to find a restroom every 15 minutes or.... so I guess I feel like the guests are the same. :animated-smileys-laughing-291:

• Haha 1

Cricket
8 minutes ago, Savannahjan said:

I'm an old lady and have to find a restroom every 15 minutes or.... so I guess I feel like the guests are the same.

This is exactly the reason I use them too!  Sad but true.  :animated-smileys-laughing-291: