• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• MarkBL20
    • Hawkkeye666

Zoo ratings

mrspiggy

I have a question about zoo ratings and the map editor. If you place a working building outside the zoo walls, will that effect you overall rating since the guests can not enter our use the buildings?

Savannahjan

Oh, what a great question. mrsp, have you looked at your list of operating buildings in the game? Do the ones outside the wall show up? If they do, then one would think that they count. If they don't, then they become static once outside the gate. I made a zoo a long time ago with a working Halloween building outside the wall. Although no one was out there to use it, the music still played and the lights were still flashing. Not sure if that means anything, though.

Yes it will effect your zoorating I am sure of it In previous zoos and contests I noticed ratings to be severel percents lower when working buildings are placed outside the zoowall

In one of the moose zoo's from the past I had to put the map editor back in to delete the buildings outside the zoowall as they lost us money.

Thanks for the answers.

I wanted to build a zoo with all my favorite buildings but I wanted them on the outside. Oh well, will give it a try anyway. I just won't pay attention if the guests get up set because there are too many restaurants, etc. :laugh:

Why not ask for scenery versions of those buildings so you can use them outside the wall I have made a number of them for Caddie over time. Plus sometimes you want a built up look in the zoo but too many working buildings in the zoo will bring your rating down too if they are not making a profit.

Savannahjan

Gosh, 13 years plus and I did not know that your rating would go down if you had too many buildings that weren't making profit. What about the buildings that are usable but don't have a cost? Does it still reduce your rating due of upkeep costs?

To be honest I am not sure. It might not so much based on profit, maybe it is based on use. Both are recorded by the game and who knows how much (percentage) that goes towards guest and zoo happiness and ratings. I do know from experience they don't like to many restaurants but was that just that zoo or were they too close or not making a profit. It might be one to experiment with.

Then again since I often do not use the money cheat I wonder how much has to do with not being able to afford things. lol