Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

Serpyderpy

Testing out Frontier animations and they look great, lots of movement and detail at even at smaller sprite sizes! I am however struggling to find a way to get them to stay still during their running, swimming, walking etc. Does anyone here have any ideas?

awoo.gif.7249636702334b1c09f0e4ad9f880ae6.gif

Everything in ZT was rotation fixed by Blue Fang including animals so maybe you could try using Zoots rotation fixing area for this

MrTroodon

Ah damn another issue. Okay so, added some nice water ripples to my swimming animation, but the issue is that it aint generating a color platte with those in mind, so when I convert the sprites they just... turn yellow, wich is...

d2412ce236f9cb3fffc9f6da2bb52e90.png

Serpyderpy
6 hours ago, Fern said:

Everything in ZT was rotation fixed by Blue Fang including animals so maybe you could try using Zoots rotation fixing area for this

Zoot has saved me so many times whenever rendering or sprites go awry, though in this case the animation caused the model to quite literally walk outside the canvas haha. I have managed to fix it by deleting all but the first keyframe on the root bone for transformation on the Y axis (for anyone else who might be having this issue and is wanting to also import Frontier animations!)

MrTroodon
4 hours ago, MrTroodon said:

Ah damn another issue. Okay so, added some nice water ripples to my swimming animation, but the issue is that it aint generating a color platte with those in mind, so when I convert the sprites they just... turn yellow, wich is...

d2412ce236f9cb3fffc9f6da2bb52e90.png

Oh well this wasnt really fixed, more so found a workaround, still odd

• 2 weeks later...
HENDRIX
On 5/19/2024 at 6:36 AM, Serpyderpy said:

Zoot has saved me so many times whenever rendering or sprites go awry, though in this case the animation caused the model to quite literally walk outside the canvas haha. I have managed to fix it by deleting all but the first keyframe on the root bone for transformation on the Y axis (for anyone else who might be having this issue and is wanting to also import Frontier animations!)

Code would have to be updated to include frontier's root bone name in the list of bones that are automatically disabled.

HENDRIX
On 5/19/2024 at 7:05 AM, MrTroodon said:

Oh well this wasnt really fixed, more so found a workaround, still odd

Generate the palette from an anim that has water in it. Probably best to use a mockup anim where you add fake water to make sure you have all of the body and the shadow color as well. Iirc the palette is only sampled from a single animation, which is not really the best way to do it. Probably randomly sampling a frame from each view and anim would be better.

Hawkkeye666

Hi, I have one problem. I tried to make Gunnison sage grouse, https://zt2downloadlibrary.fandom.com/wiki/Gunnison_Sage-grouse_(Whalebite)

But model is upside down and I cannot rotate model without rotating armature. If I try to rotate (R) model, I can only move it around, similar to when I press G.

Is there any possibility of rotating only model, without rotating armature?

LapisLazuli77

You can press the + next to Scene Root to expand the list of contents inside, then click the model itself. Then you can rotate it and stuff without rotating the actual rig itself.

Hawkkeye666
1 hour ago, LapisLazuli77 said:

You can press the + next to Scene Root to expand the list of contents inside, then click the model itself. Then you can rotate it and stuff without rotating the actual rig itself.

So I tried it, and the model still can´t be rotated properly. For some reason, only rotation around z axis works, rotations around x and y axis only move the model on the axis, without rotating it.