• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• TRIFORCE89

Software Suggestions

joesquad117

hello everyone. I’m thinking about possibly creating some mods of my own, and I want to know what software I should use if I decide to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions? Something easy to use that can give good results?

8 hours ago, jbl89 said:

Be more specific about what you actually want to accomplish, please. :)

If I decide that I want to do this, then I want to be able to create mods that are unique, but still look like they could be original in-game animals and objects. We’ve already seen this sort of thing with Vondell and the late Taz. This shows us that it is possible to accomplish. I don’t want to just take a pre-existing in-game model and saturate it in a different color; I’m personally not a fan of that. I also want to use software that will allow me to transfer my mods to the game. 

It's a series of steps, starting with the design. Taz used 3D Studio Max; Vondell uses Blender and has actually shared a lot of material. I think HENDRIX also shared a template or something to get started in Blender.

Once you have the design, you should export the animations to a series of .PNG-files.
From there, you can use tools such as ZT Studio (or APE or ZOOT).

If you want to have proper configurations for your objects or animals, I suggest using any proper text editor (like NotePad++) to edit the config files; rather than using the mess APE creates.

The updated APE version Jay did does not create such a mess with the files although the sounds and a couple of other things still need to be adjusted manually.