• bxdczoo
    • Luz21
    • strider213
    • Goosifer
    • Fern

Porting Kit Mac Help

RhysTheCompanyMan

RhysTheCompanyMan

So I've been playing on my Mac using the Porting Kit, but the Port only allows for support for the original disk. Does anybody know a method of how to get the the Complete Collection working for the Port? Or at least another method of how to play the Complete Collection disk on a Mac?

Savannahjan

It's been many years since we had any talk of ZT on a Mac.  Some 10 years ago, my nephew was trying to play ZT on a Mac and finally just gave in and bought a cheap laptop, just for playing ZT.  It was so long ago, it was probably XP or Vista.  I hope someone here can help you.

RhysTheCompanyMan
19 minutes ago, savannahjan said:

It's been many years since we had any talk of ZT on a Mac.  Some 10 years ago, my nephew was trying to play ZT on a Mac and finally just gave in and bought a cheap laptop, just for playing ZT.  It was so long ago, it was probably XP or Vista.  I hope someone here can help you.

Maaaan yeah, it's been a while since I've even tried to pick up this port. After all, the Mac version of this game is going for $600-ish on Ebay. It's ridiculous. But don't worry, I got a Windows desktop, I just like being able to take ZT with me on work trips, since I only have a Mac desktop. It's more of a comfort thing. :tongue:

Z.Z.

Wow, Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection for Mac is $350.00 on Amazon, you could actually buy a cheap laptop for less than that.

This one costs $80.00:

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-Laptop-Intel-1-5ghz/dp/B009GPT0P6/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1517858986&sr=1-5&keywords=laptop&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin%3A13580786011

I must say I am absolutely amazed at the prices for Zoo Tycoon lately, I got my Complete Collection on Amazon for $6.00 two years ago, now its over $70.00 for the pc version. Wow.

Its probably because of the new Zoo Tycoon 3 Ultimate Animal Collection that was released 4 months ago.

RhysTheCompanyMan
3 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

Wow, Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection for Mac is $350.00 on Amazon, you could actually buy a cheap laptop for less than that.

This one costs $80.00:

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-Laptop-Intel-1-5ghz/dp/B009GPT0P6/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1517858986&sr=1-5&keywords=laptop&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin%3A13580786011

I must say I am absolutely amazed at the prices for Zoo Tycoon lately, I got my Complete Collection on Amazon for $6.00 two years ago, now its over $70.00 for the pc version. Wow.

Its probably because of the new Zoo Tycoon 3 Ultimate Animal Collection that was released 4 months ago.

Ahhh thank you so much for going through the trouble of sending me that laptop link! I'm seriously good though, I have a desktop to play my original disks on. You're so sweet though!

But yeah the prices are crazy! It's literally a computer classic though. We talk about it in my Game Tech class as being the most influential isometric game ever. So sad that Microsoft really isn't even trying to capture the magic of the games. ZT3 was such a let down. I don't understand how they don't get the landscaping function of the game is the most important aspect of it. Even more so than the amount of animals. Even tycoon game since has tried to copy them and Microsoft is just so...blind? It's kinda infuriating. :runcirclsmiley2:

Z.Z.

Yeah, but at least before they went bonkers they gave us a game we could add to ourselves, its been over a decade and people are still making items for ZT1.

Even I started making things for it, and I am not computer literate.

:D