asd294
    Newest Member
    asd294

• (Designer)HENDRIX
    • redwolf
    • Hawkkeye666

Adding Jane's files updates & file duplication on my computer

fountain

Any suggestions on ways to eliminate duplicate files in storage folders --duplicates of user created files-- on my computer?  I have all of Jane's recent updates and I want "clean house" before I put those in so I don't miss an old dl and put that old file in a game by mistake.  (My son helped do registry cleaning on my computer a few days ago.)  Is there a "find duplicate files" set up that I can confine to ztd files?  I have MS Windows 10 and the latest updates.

Thanks in advance!

Well that's clever!  I never though of making a simple change of adding a special letter.  I envisioned having to read all the dates & details for each file.

I will do that.  Thanks!

You better use the hint on googling for a tool to find duplicate files. I think CCleaner will come up first, which is also frequently used to do registry cleanings. But there are hundreds of similar tools. Just in case they're in different folders, or a different name after all. ;)

• Like 1

I have CCleaner. I check that first.  Thanks!

On 2/11/2018 at 4:01 AM, jbl89 said:

You better use the hint on googling for a tool to find duplicate files. I think CCleaner will come up first, which is also frequently used to do registry cleanings. But there are hundreds of similar tools. Just in case they're in different folders, or a different name after all. ;)

I tried my CCleaner and it does not work for me.  I tried to modify it look at only ZT folders but I couldn't so I'm looking at 15+ Silverlight from MS, meaning it searches all of the drive.  I will try something else.