• Most Online

SadakoRei13
    Newest Member
    SadakoRei13

• cr47y 8
    • Goosifer

Where to put all these lovely things?

CrazyLoo

hello! Back to your site after a few years away - rediscovered my old disks, and after playing 1 scenario, remembered this site! I have downloaded a small selection of the beautiful items you have on offer, but... and I fear the answer is going to be painfully obvious... where do I put all these lovely things once I've unzipped them? Do I need to make a new folder, or simply add them to one already within the game folder? Also, I seem to recall there was an extra .dll file I needed to make some items work, but is that only buildings (I haven't downloaded any buildings...yet!)? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 
Crazy Loo

You might want to check here:

Yes, you need the lang files. They are available in the download section.

Savannahjan

I recommend putting all .ztd files into dlupdates folder, as shown above (Thank you Kreek!) .  To be sure everything works, download the .dll files available and once unzipped, place them in your main game folder.

ZooGrammy

Ok,  Crazy Loo, don't just keep adding the new user-created downloads into the game.    This is a picture of my C drive with a games folder where I put my user-created downloads which I keep in the Zip until I open them for use. When I want to add something to the game, I open the zip and  put the .ztd into the ZT game dlupdate folder.  

You can also see how I organize the Zips  like the game does in the menus for storage outside the game.  

C drive, ZT game stored zips.jpg

File of stored ZT Amusements in Zip form.jpg

folder tree of stored ZT downloads.jpg

Thankyou for all that info, exactly what i needed! One last question though - although I don't seem to have any of the items/buildings/creatures etc. listed within the file descriptions, do I still need the .dll files available on the site? I note there are 4 in total - do I need all 4? I noticed the comments beneath one of them were 'what is this for?', and 'I wondered that too' or words to that effect, but no answer. Quite happy to stick them in just to be sure, but am always loath to add stuff and muck around with base game files until I actually need to. Thankyou all again, Crazy Loo

Z.Z.

You need dlls for buildings, shelters, and animals.

Foliage, rocks and scenery items do not need a dll.

Each game menu can hold 3000 items, but your dlupdate folder can only hold 300 items, more than that causes the game to crash.

Combined files (ZTDs with multiple items in them) count as one file in the dlupdate folder, so you can have lots of items with only a few ZTDs.

:)

If something still does not have a name or a tooltip it might need a dll from DG or ZKL. You can always ask which if that happens.

While we are on the subject a few years ago I removed the dino kids upgrade (just the .ztd file, nothing else) because I was tired of scrolling thru those items I never used.  I put it in folder safely labeled.

And I also removed the fancy buildings upgrade because the few attractiveness points was not a) worth the extra cost and b) I disliked the grinning toilet. Again just .ztd file and nothing else.  However, I have been inspired by Vondell's amazing screenshot that I want to put back the fancy buildings.  I opened my folder and the ztd is there but there is also

what  looks to be a blank piece of paper icon followed by "scenery-fancy buildings.dld".

I am certain I did not remove that but do I put it in the game files and where does it go? I have not spotted that file internally though I have seen some others in multiple locations with the  "dld" ending.

Thanks in advance for the help!

PS Welcome back Crazy Loo. :hellowelcome:

For fountain from Jay

ZT has the ability to download official downloads through ZT's main screen. But that never worked well. So it should not be used. When that was used to download an official download in the original ZT, the original ZT also created a ".dld" file to help it keep track of what was downloaded. I do not believe that was done in DD and MM. When CC was created, most of the official downloads were included in CC, and the ".dld" files for the official downloads for the original ZT were also included in CC to match what was done in the original ZT. But those ".dld" files are not necessary. Some people have also used that download screen to install user made things from their own computer, and that also created ".dld" files. But those ".dld" files have caused problems for people that have installed user made things that way. So again, that ZT screen should not be used.

In this situation, if you have CC and want CC to look like what it did originally, then you can copy both fancybld.ztd and "scenery-fancy buildings.dld" to the Updates folder. But if you have an earlier version of ZT instead of CC or if you do not care if the folders match CC, then "scenery-fancy buildings.dld" does not need to be copied back.