hshelby99

• Fern
    • Hawkkeye666
    • And 1
    • Truly_happy
    • strider213

RSN animals

HeatherL

So, I have the RSN Complete Collection 1 Version1.3.  The date on the .ztd file is 7-12-09.  I noticed that this date is much later than most of the single animal .ztd's that I have in separate files.  These single animals list various warnings/errors at DD.  Were any of these animals "fixed" before combining into this relatively new file?  (The DD description page for the maned wolf specifically notes that all errors were fixed by Genki in 2009)

Someone did try and fix some and put everything in one ztd. Unfortunately it is full of conflicts, unrotated files and game crashers and invisiblity problems. The person who tried to fix them did not know as much as he thought he did.

Not sure if genki fixed any others I would have to look. But I woud trust her work more than what is in the combined you have.

I did ask JohnT to look at some but would have to go through his area at DD, which is huge, to see if he did any. He was not impressed. 

But considering when these were originally done it is not surprising there are problems.

With the RSN files i suggest you uncombine them and just keep the ones you like. And check with me as to whether there are any major problems. One I do like is his quagga but it does skate rather than walk or was it run. I was going to look at the rotations at some point to see if that was fixable. lol

I like the quagga, too.  The others I like are the sivatherium, crowned crane, maned wolf, the Brazilian tapir from the endangered animals pack, swamp deer, duck-billed platypus, and Galapagos tortoise.  Everything else was too cartoony/jerky.

I've read the instructions for uncombining packs, but it's all Greek (by way of Oz) to me!

Does anyone have the maned wolf that Genki fixed? Mine is the older version.

I do have it.  john did some work on the quagga but i need to do more on that one. I will look at the others you mention and see if they crash games.

Thank you so much! :hug2:

• 2 years later...
AnewZoocreator

Or do they maybe only cause conflicts if you do not have ZT Complete Collection or something?

AnewZoocreator
On 3/16/2018 at 3:41 AM, HeatherL said:

I like the quagga, too.  The others I like are the sivatherium

I already have a quagga (from some different file), the same for the Sivatherium. The latter is from @Khaydar. I'll try to find a scarlet macaw and a Kiang, but otherwise, I agree that most plants and animals are too simple. Thus I deleted RSN's combined ZTD file...