Newest Member
    hshelby99

• CelestialEvolution
    • (Admin)Savannahjan
    • C-Rex
    • Goosifer

"zt1" files

fountain

Could anyone tell me about files that begin "zt1"?  Safe to use?  In particular:

zt1-rainforest-pack.zip (contains lang-junglepet.dll; rainforest petting zoo; trees, rocks, ruins, observation, fossils, cobra vase, birdcage, bench, arch)

zt1-snow-tigers-rainforest-pack.zip (contains ST_greenpeafowl.zip; a large RNDrainforesttopiary.zip; a zoo map; uisnowtigers.zip; langSnowtigers_Objects.zip; a mangrove, and a sundial)

Thanks in advance.

zt1-snow-tigers-rf pk.jpg

zt1-rainforest-pack Pet zoo.jpg

I started updating that rainforest file as the observation area is not walkable for a start.

The snow tigers one contains LCID errors so it will crash some games.

zt1 was something yellowrose decided on when she took over to make it obvious which of the two games it was for. She relabelled the others zt2. Other than that they are the same files that were at ZA ogrenet site.

You can always look at the additional info at DD or ask me if you cannot find the post

The 1st rainforest file is by And1.  I couldn't find the description at DD, but here's the description from Ogre's Net:

https://web.archive.org/web/20041030170831/http://zoo.ogresnet.com:80/downloads/db/index.php?mod=1792

You don't need to use the lang jungle-pet.dll, it is included in lang ZA03.dll.

I've used the petting zoo, but I wasn't thrilled with the rest as most of the items don't change views when the zoo is rotated and carbon copy trees don't look natural to me.

It is in the fixing thread out back which is why you cannot see it. It was one of his earlier files. I think most things have two views.

So the DD usually has warnings a specific file or line crash a game.  If I want to try it anyway I should write down each warned against file name, save often, and if it crashes close the game then remove that file. 

Note: Last summer when working on a terrific "City Needs Help"-style game, the game repeatedly crashed every time I tried to play.  December I realized it was most likely because the CD ROM  drive failing.  But I had already stripped many dls from my game and lost many screenshots in the meantime.  ZT is happy in the new Blue-Ray reader drive my son bought for me.

Thanks Fern!   I probably will have more questions because I am rediscovering files made 2003 and onward that I stuffed into folders for certain regions of the planet. Those folders contain buildings, foliage, scenery and animals. 

Heather, my favorite part is the petting zoo.  Thanks for info about the lang dll!

The petting zoo is my favorite part, too.  And you're welcome.