hshelby99
    Newest Member
    hshelby99

• Forester_Sk
    • Hawkkeye666
    • MarkBL20

A McGee's Closet of Animal Downloads to Organize

fountain

I made documents listing "Food, Drink, Eating Cottages", "Gifts, Education & Gift Shops", "Education with Admittance Fee", "Education Walk-In No Charge", "Rides & Attractions with Fees", and "Free Fun & Attractions" that "building" size, guest capacity, upkeep cost, picture and/or physical description plus menu (if any).  This will help me with better zoo budgeting. And I sorted foliage and other scenery.  Now I am ready to tackle sorting animal files.

I have multiple files from different designers of the same animal e.g., 4 different Quagga files.  These may have varying graphic image quality and variants of exhibit terrain and requirements.

1) I assume all Tek hosted files have no errors, then these are "keepers".  The same for JohnT's animals from his site and the recent "BR..." animals that site/file host -- keeping an eye out for any more tweaks/updates.

2) Next, I should check the ZT Download directory for what is good to keep.

3) Review animal downloads at DG & ZKL.

4) Delete or put into folders labeled "To Be Decided" animal files from known defunct sites to try out individually at some future time. (The Wild Wings Expansion by RSN is already in a folder labeled "Do not use".

I have folders labeled by certain biomes e.g., "Desert & Semi-Arid", and by certain geographical areas/islands. I will say migratory birds are tough to assign to folder(s).  In any case, I have folders labeled "Feline & relatives", "Marine & haul-out", "Fresh water lake & shore", and I'm thinking of labeling a few "Drives Me Crazy -- A-1", "Can't Decide-- B-2", and on thru the English alphabet.  :faint2:

Any other considerations or suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Ah.  There goes that idea.  I will try to be alert to problems.  Thanks for letting me know.