• Luz21
    • TRIFORCE89
    • bxdczoo
    • kong
    • moobiefoot
    • (Admin)Cricket

Off-Topic: National Geographic June Issue on Plastics

fountain

June issue plastics has an "iceberg" of plastic grocery bag on the cover.  Whole issue has important info and alternatives . Google micro-plastic for info on throw away water bottles containing micro-plastics and fish eating micro-plastics.

• Like 1

Savannahjan

Thanks for posting this, fountain.  It is a very serious problem and we must all work together to get this fixed. 

.  Our family no longer uses plastic bags or straws. 

.  I made cloth bags from old material I had to use for purchasing bulk items, and in larger sizes to use instead of plastic or paper grocery bags. 

.  We line our garbage can with a paper bag if we have one,  or with newspaper.  We rinse it out well after taking the garbage out and it works out fine. 

.  We invested in glass containers with lids in every size imaginable for serving and storing food.

.  We use soft rags instead of paper towels most of the time. 

.  We have a basket full of cloth napkins that I found on clearance sale here or there; they don't match but they work just fine. 

.  We no longer buy plastic cups or plates, opting for glass or metal. 

It's a little more time consuming, washing things rather than disposing of them, but it's something we can do to not contribute to the problem.  

• Love 2