Newest Member
    Thorbjc

• LapisLazuli77
    • MsOnary
    • pukkie
    • Hawkkeye666
    • Fern

hello,

I didn't post on the forum for quite some time but now I finally finished on of the projects I had started.

Welcome to Sir Primatis Sanctuary. A place where primates can rest and recover from bad memories..

So! as usual visitor get a map at the ticket booth to help them find their way.

5d1215dd6bb31_Sirprimatissanctuarymap.jpg.f2b02a63f7151e442641eb9e17db5d4a.jpg

as you can see on the map, the park is constructed around one large main building. This building functions as a place for visitors to eat and drink,

but it is also houses the indoor enclosures of the bonobo's, the mandrills, the black crested gibbons, and the black and white colobus monkeys.

On the map you can see where the animals house and you can find the nearest restrooms and snacks.

Lets start the visit:

This is the entrance to the main building. you can find a map and a place to sit down and rest.

Zoo029.jpeg.a17112edc106ef3da621225d40219a79.jpeg

On the right side of the building you can find the bonobo enclosure with the entertainment they need to stay in shape.

Our bonobo's were taken from an owner that kept the animals in too small cages in his back yard. When some of the animals got sick, he called the local authorities. 

Here at Sir Primatis Sanctuary the animals can rest and are kept on a precise diet.

Zoo030.jpeg.6fda950a28e79862299fa8fefafc992c.jpeg

The neighboring enclosure is the one of the mandrills. They were rescued from a circus that couldn't keep the animals healthy.

Zoo032.jpeg.84f213c395faa4fba542db8bc3089d3c.jpeg

Above the mandrills, in the roof of the main building, you can find our black crested gibbon pair.

As both our gibbons are quite old, they are happy with a much smaller exhibit, but with a lot of attention of our zookeepers.

Zoo031.jpeg.c0197bdcf6f456659f09217efc64f7fc.jpeg

At the left side back corner you can find our black and white colobus monkeys. 

Sadly our female has been sterilised so breeding became impossible.

Zoo033.jpeg.9a073130ff0c9a8432be955626563ab3.jpeg

As we are halfway our visit and its noon, we invite you to stop and have a small lunch in the grass.

If you decide to sit at the metal picnic tables you will find yourself having lunch with the Japanese Macaques.

Zoo034.jpeg.7ff061aa1a072fa97f0a4b231a6825ec.jpeg

Lets give you an overview of the islands of the sanctuary.

Three islands are set up next to each other to house (from right to left): the ringtail lemurs, the golden lion tamarins and the mountain gorillas. 

Zoo037.jpeg.99dc3ecf4a17b6f7385bbbf9e5277083.jpeg

Our ringtail lemurs and Golden Lion Tamarins. Both species are open for adoption. With your financial help we can offer them a better diet and a peaceful future.

Zoo036.jpeg.d1f84a093240a68451d567b342ef1114.jpeg

The superstars of the park are our three mountain gorillas. They were transported from bankrupt zoo that couldn't keep the animals.

The raised bridge gives you a perfect view on the majestic creatures.

Zoo035.jpeg.1ece864e855c555fe3c9919635032cdc.jpeg

Well, that was it. I decided to make this park as I recently visited Stichting Aap in The Netherlands.

So many people think that it is a great idea to keep primates as pet animals, but it NEVER turns out well....

Lets stop the black market in wild animals, lets keep them where they belong.

SIR PRIMATIS SANCTUARY:

5d121b4f416db_Sirprimatissanctuaryemptymap.jpg.8aa5c9a18aa47617141234c57ffc9dd7.jpg

if you have any questions or remarks OR you want to share your thought on pet primates --> Do not hesitate !!!

bye!

• Like 3

Savannahjan

Oh my, this project is absolutely stunning!  Such incredible detail.  Fabulous!

What a wonderful project and a marvelous zoo.  You have a great gift for building unique zoos.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
ZooGrammy

Missed this one.   Loved the message and your wonderful zoo. 

Very ice job! Your use of buildings and scenery just amazing.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

• 11 months later...
YoungerPrinceLothric

May I ask where this building in the corner was downloaded from? 

1594574023202~2.jpg

YoungerPrinceLothric

thank you so much for the reply! I was browsing on my own and saw the animal hospital pack before I saw your reply and my hunch was correct! 

• Like 1