Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• ZooForce11
    • TRIFORCE89
    • pdn

Zoo Tycoon 1 Crashing in Windows 10

larell718

I have Zoo Tycoon installed on a Windows 7 and 2 Windows 10 laptops. I have done all the tutorials fine on the Windows 7 laptop. On each of the Windows 10 laptops, when I am on the very first tutorial, the game crashes when I am removing a part of the fence to set lions free. I am not sure why this keeps happening in the same spot of the tutorial. Also, when I load a new map, the game crashes on the Windows 10 laptops. I'm only worried about this because the Windows 7 laptop is on its last leg! I have an old Dell with Windows XP on it, but I really want to try to get it working on Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Savannahjan

The game should run on Windows 10.  I am running 7 now, but played for the last 3 years using Windows 10.   I can't remember how, but you can go into your computer settings and find one about running programs on previous version of Windows.  You can direct it to run ZT in Vista or Windows 7/   Also, do you have downloads in your ZT dlupdates folder in the Windows 10 computers?  You may have too many.  If so, take them all out and park them somewhere, then try again.   Usually, you can only add about 285 extra files into the ZT Complete Collection.  It is a good sign that the game runs until you delete that fence.

To set up compatibility on any system open windows explorer and navigate to where the main Zoo Tycoon folder installed

Open the folder and right click on the main zoo.exe file and select properties.

there will be a small window open and at the top should be a couple of tabs one of them being a compatibility tab put a check mark in the box that says run this program in compatibility mode and use the drop down to select windows 7. also add a check mark in the box that states run this program as an administrator then click apply and click ok. now boot up the game and test your tutorials again it should solve the crash issue .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. I set up compatability and it still keeps crashing at the exact same spot. I have no downloads in the game yet because I wanted to make sure it ran perfectly with no downloads. 

I know this will be tedious but do an uninstall. Run the ZT registry cleaner available at Zoo admin http://zooadmin.org/ZT1/index.php?topic=62.0

Then do a complete defrag of your system and shut your PC down for about 10 minutes. This should empty out the system cache. Then reboot the system and reinstall the game make sure before you even open up the game right after install you set up compatibility again and see if you still have the crashing issue .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
carlos franco

Hola, ya se resolvió este problema, yo tenia un problema similar y lo resolví cambiando la resolución de pantalla del archivo zoo.ini

Hi, this problem was already solved, I had a similar problem and I solved it by changing the screen resolution of the zoo.ini file