Fern's Screenshots

Fern

This one I entered in a screenshot contest at ZTUF featuring Dr Ricks creations. I love his tankable trees and I also used his Koalas in a gum tree and some tropical stuff of his.

post-11-1181261594_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

gem_del_mar
Isn't it great that she's a fellow Dragon Rider, Gem? :wub:

Yes Genki, I agree! We are blessed to have Fern in our cave :N109:

Really enjoying seeing your old screens Fern, hope you'll be posting more

Another recent entry at ZTUF. This was a hard task as the criteria was to show all four seasons in one screenshot.

post-11-1181270940_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Savannahjan

Fern, they are all wonderful, but I do love the shot with the tankable trees. I have never seen those before. Can't wait to see more.

Screens from my very first zoo contest at Tek back in 2005. It was a Halloween zoo contest. Don't think I have posted these before. And there weren't any of genki's wonderful paths etc back then. What I could do with this today with what is now available to play with :vishenka_34: I used many of the cryptids from Tek in this zoo. My ruined walls would have been perfect for this one. If I remember rightly this was won by someone who had guests and released all the animals at the last moment before saving.

post-11-1181271941_thumb.jpgpost-11-1181272070_thumb.jpg

post-11-1181271694_thumb.jpgpost-11-1181271782_thumb.jpg

post-11-1181272251_thumb.jpgpost-11-1181272382_thumb.jpg

This was the contest posted by Jan:

Skeleton Creek, Idaho (an actual US city!) came by it's name honestly. Over the town's 78 year history, various animal and human bones had frequently been found floating in the creek. There were no fish or frogs or, well, anything at all alive in the creek; even though the water was crystal clear. Old legends spoke of people going mad after drinking the water. In spite of it's name, the little town grew and prospered and, by popular demand of the growing population of school age children, a small zoo was built in the middle of the city. Buses came from all over the state, bringing visitors of all ages to see the small but meticulously maintained exhibits and grounds. Revenue from the zoo financed superior city services and excellent schools, making Skeleton Creek an attractive place to raise a family.

That is, until October 31, 2003. Hundreds of trick-or-treaters filled the streets and lanes of Skeleton Creek. It was a festive and happy occasion, when suddenly the ground began to rumble and quake. Frightened children and parents were screaming, running hysterically, frantically. The chaos lasted only a few seconds, but once the dust settled, the origin of the tremors became frighteningly clear. In the middle of town, where the beautiful zoo once stood, was a cavernous sink hole, ominously dark and silent.

At first light, volunteers and zoo personnel searched for trapped animals, but to their horror, none could be found; it was as if the earth had swallowed them up. Construction crews discovered the pit had a definite bottom, but in the days and weeks that followed, repeated attempts at filling it were unsuccessful. With each attempt, by the next morning, all the fill material had been gobbled up by the beastly hole. Almost immediately, there was a notable increase of bones found in the creek.

The city secured the entrance, and bushes and thorns were left to grow around the zoo walls. Without the income from the town's most prosperous business, city services faltered and the exodus began; even the Skeleton Creek mayor packed up his family and left. Stores, apartment houses, the adjacent playground; abandoned.

Some folks say that eerie music and bizarre noises, tortured growls and gasps, can be heard coming from the pit in the darkest hours of the night. But that's just the workings of overactive imaginations.....or is it?

October Halloween Contest

Your mission is to reveal what is going on in the deep, dark cavern that was once the Skeleton Creek Zoo.

* A special Skeleton Creek zoo map has been provided, which MUST be used for this contest. No map altering.

* You may use any in-game animal or item.

* There are many wonderfully creepy user-made animals and objects available here at ZooTek for you to use in your zoo. A list of the acceptable ZooTek only downloads is attached. Because we have so much to work with here at ZooTek, outside downloads WILL NOT be allowed. You DO NOT have to use every item on this list, but you may use them all if you want to.

* You may choose to let guests into your zoo, or you can keep them out if you wish. Guest happiness will not matter.

* NO FLOWERS, unless used on a grave. If you decide to do this, you may use ONE and ONLY ONE ZooTek flower pack, so choose carefully.

* A new pack of Halloween items is nearly completed. This pack will be available for download within the next day of two, and I will also post it in this thread.

* Now, go ahead....try and scare me! I tripple dog dare you!

• Love 1

ZooGrammy

I remember that last contest Fern. I love what you did with it.

I remember that last contest Fern. I love what you did with it.

I seem to remember feeling very inadequate beside the ones done by you and others who work well with terrain heights. Must see if I have the zoos of others for that. If I have I will see if I can create screens.