What screen size do you use?

Particle

ya they do I just choose not to buy second hand when it comes to some things and my system and it's components is one of them I save and every 4 years save enough for a new system. I like having a warenty I can depend on if something goes wrong and there have been times over the years since my first system it has come in handy...I have been playing around with computers since back in the days of the TI 99 4A. My oldest is just 3 years younger then you...lol.  I'm one of those that never thinks something as condescending. Most of us are grown adults and have our own opinions which is what we are all entitled to and share...not everyone is going to like what we have to say or ideas we may have but for just as many of those we are going to have the ones who love it and appreciate it. I have been creating in some form or another since I first started creating for ZT back in 2003 I took 8 years away from the ZT community and I created for 3D chat clients making clothing for avatars furniture and other 3D mesh models and then texturing them. I also created a lot of the textures I used. So I understand a lot of glitches crashes and the causes and conflicts that pop up. One thing I know that has been done for quite a long time in the ZT community is the effort put forth by Jay and other creators in the community to keep game conflicts to a minimum. I don't think we'll ever totally eliminate all of them unless we take on remaking files that conflict with others. In most cases that's not possible because the original creator is no longer reachable to get permission to alter their file. And Jay & Fern have learned a few other tricks in the time I was away that I have learned a little of since my return last year.

Particle

Omg TI 99 4A was my first computer too.  Do you remember Hunt the Wumpus?  I learned to code basic on that thing.  :comp.:

I'm glad you are not bothered by what I am saying, I only wish to be friends with you and I have a great respect for the creations you have made. :)

So let me ask, for the 800x600 version, obviously it should be 4 icons wide, what do you think would be good for the height?  Will it fit if it is 8 icons high?

11 hours ago, Yellowrose said:

Tengo una pantalla panorámica de 22 "en el momento en que mis 24" se me cayeron encima y no obtuve un monitor nuevo hasta finales de enero, cuando los ingresos lo permiten y lo más probable es que vaya a 27 "- 30", pero ahora juego a 1024x768 porque no No juego en pantalla completa Juego en ventana porque soy multitarea y tengo discordia y skype corriendo con chats cuando construyo o pruebo creaciones.

As I said before, my laptop is HP of 14 "with resolution 1366x768, the zoo.ini is with that configuration, but when in the options of sound and video game only the option of 1024x768 is enabled, in another laptop that I had, no I remember the resolution, I could do one of the window mode, since I am multitasking anyway, I am currently going out of a bad run, I was a year without a personal laptop, the ones I had was from the company I was in, I just bought HP but I have always been aware of Tek and other forums.

Particle as a big favor, remember the post I put on you from the hack to buy offspring and that crashes with the extended menus mod.

image.png.64cd02efba2b3b00ab74db7a1772923f.png

14 hours ago, Particle said:

So let me ask, for the 800x600 version, obviously it should be 4 icons wide, what do you think would be good for the height?  Will it fit if it is 8 icons high?

Honestly I would not adjust the height that is where it causes the bottom to cut off so I would work on the width and have the menu extend width wise rather then height wise so possibly instead of a list 4 icons wide maybe 6 or 8 Icons wide if they would fit without going to the edge of the game screen. That would also hopefully still give you the scroll bar to the right of the menu to scroll through what is not visible.

Particle

800x600.png

Look at that screenshot right there, seems to me that doing only 5 rows is only going to use up half the screen?  Count out 8 rows, and tell me that doesn't leave a bunch of space still for the buttons and text at the bottom.  I'm NOT going to make it  stretch across the whole screen and cover the zoo up that doesn't make sense to me, because you still have to place the items. Someone else can do that one if they want.

The scrollbar shows up if the menu list overflows, that is already how it works.  The only reason it isn't there in that screenshot is because he's on the animal menu, if he had taken a screenshot of a menu with more items in it the scrollbar would be there.

Ok for that one I see what you mean, but those of us who really like the mod would live with it covering because it can be closed off when not needed. So looking at that screen width and the menu width we would still have to scroll if you made it say 5 icons wide but to have a larger menu for most,  it would totally be worth it. I do have a laptop as well with a 17" screen that eventually I will load ZT onto but for now most of my time is spent on the desktop. Having it 5 wide still leaves enough of the screen on the zoo for placement and still gives the option of the larger menu. But I don't think I would take it lower then 8 in height and even at 8 you have to test it and see how much if any of the bottom part of the regular in game menu is cut off so you can avoid people having to rotate the zoo itself for proper orientation placements.

Particle

New version is done, with 2 sizes.  One for 800x600.  One for everything else.  They both fit just fine on 768 high screens.  The allow purchase babies hack is integrated.  Tested for a few days now.  Should be up soon in the downloads section, let me know what you think.

I'm not done though, still making more UI mods so if anyone has more data to give me about what screensizes they play in please share it here.

screen100.jpg

Particle

Once I realized how important this mod was to everyone, I decided I really had to put some effort into testing this and making both versions the best they could be. 

I hope everyone likes it.  :jump1:

This is how it fits on 800x600 and 1024x768:

screen101.jpg

screen102.jpg

• Love 1