• Most Online

SadakoRei13
    Newest Member
    SadakoRei13

• cr47y 8

Blender 2.8

HunsonAbadeer

HunsonAbadeer

I have a complete blender 2.8 animation for an Ewok which I would like to share with the community. Sadly I can´t turn the background in the PNG files invisible for APE. It is invisible in the windows explorer, but not in APE, I have tried RGBA and checked the transparancy box, but it is not working, does anybody know the problem?

the top most left pixel is what determines transparency with APE so make sure your background is a solid color not multiple variations of a color and make sure that top left pixel is the same background color and your image should show the way you want it to in APE and in game.

HunsonAbadeer

The top most left pixel is clear, the entire background is clear on the pictures, but in ape it is than suddenly a mix of grey pixels and transparent ones

add a new layer and move it so it's the bottom layer to serve as a background color it a bright fushia pink then merge your layers and decrease the color depth to 256  8 bit colors and save the image as a PNG file then try the image in APE again if you have shadows or stray pixels take the image back into an image editor and delete the pink background making sure you have a clear image with no pink pixels. then repeat the layer coloring it the same pink merge again and decrease color depth and try again in ape it should now give the desired look.

Khaydar

Do you have Hendrix's scripts installed on Blender? Because they automaticly render animations into pngs with green background, which APE recognizes as background.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I try to do my own animals for ZT1 from ZT2 models, and I cannot import .bfb files to Blender. I tried to install some scripts through addons menu and install (blender_2.49_BFB_Toolset_v18 and blender_niftools_addon-v0.0.3-2020-12-13-704c40d), but they changed nothing and after restarting Blender, it just crashes every time.

How can I install these scripts?

Thanks for answers.

Solved, I just had too recent version of Blender. Now it works with older version (2.79).

• Like 1

Savannahjan

Glad you figured that out.  I've never used Blender, could you offer a short description of it's function?

• 2 weeks later...

Blender is 3D editor. With scripts by Hendrix, you can make zt1 animations out of ZT2 .bfb models.

That is the only think I use Blender for, but as a 3D editor it seems to do a lot of things, even though it is little unintuitive.