• MaastrichianFan
    • LapisLazuli77
    • palanix77
    • Luz21
    • strider213
    • Fern

Dino Eggs Wont Hatch

glory48

Good Day, Since I have reinstalled Zoo Tycoon I find my Dino eggs wont hatch. I do hear them clicking but they never hatch. I would appreciate any help given. Thank you so much! Glory

Are those ingame dinosaurs or user made

Also is this for the original or for ZooTycoon2?

I never had problems in the original one but ZT2 often give me problems

Good Day, This is for the ingame dinosaurs, the user made work just fine. This is for the original Zoo Tycoon. Thank you so much for your reply

Cricket

I posted this for Jay and Fern at the DD.  I think it may be the same issue that Beth was having a few years back.  I'll let you know what they have to say.

Cricket

From Jay:

Yes, it sounds like a similar issue to what Beth had. So like previously, it might be useful for the person to put makeListOfFilesInFolderAndAllItsSubfolders.bat in their main ZT folder, double-click makeListOfFilesInFolderAndAllItsSubfolders.bat to have it create a list of their files in listOfFilesInFolderAndAllItsSubfolders.txt, put listOfFilesInFolderAndAllItsSubfolders.txt in a ".zip" file, and give you that ".zip" file. makeListOfFilesInFolderAndAllItsSubfolders.bat can be gotten from here:

Make List Of Files

==>  Glory, I hope this helps.  Once you get those lists, post them here or send them in a PM to me.  I'll then forward them to Jay for his analysis.

Good to hear back and thank you so much.  Today I reinstalled my game again and this error came up, Zoo Tycoon complete collection setup encountered a disk error while writing to the file C:\Zoo Tycoon the error was  animals5.ztd make sure your hard disk is not full etc. I ignored the error and continued to install. I still was not able to hatch my eggs once again. I almost think this happened years ago too, but at one time I was able to hatch eggs.  I wanted to try this before I tried to figure out about the .bat folder. I almost got a headache just thinking of it LOL sorry I am a knitting and quilting girl and it doesn't take too much knowledge of the inter workings of a computer file to enjoy these hobbies. But I have been in love with ZT for years. I thank you so much for all and any help. Be safe, Gloria

use windows explorer to navigate to your zoo tycoon install disc and copy and paste animals5.ztd to your desktop it may be on disc 1 or disc 2 can't remember which now once you have done that uninstall ZT

pop over to Zoo Admin ZT1 downloads site and in the resources or utilities section of the downloads download and install the ZT registry cleaner

after your uninstall run the registry cleaner then reboot your pc.

reinstall your game if you get the same error again just copy the animals5.ztd you placed on your desktop and paste it into the XPACK1 folder in your main ZT Folder

that should fix your problem

also remember ZT has it's limits you can only have approximately 325 total ZTD files installed that includes all files included with ZT itself and any you have added to the dlupdate folder

you can only have a total of 63 dll files in the main ZT folder so make sure you get all the needed combined dll files for all the user made files you may want to add. if you can't locate all of them let Cricket or myself know and we can make sure to get you a zip file containing all the dll files you'll need for any downloads.

• Like 1

Good Evening, Today I found an unopened ZT CD I had put away so long ago.   I uninstalled the game reinstalled with the new disk and I held my breath as It installed. I am pleased to let you know, "IT WORKED!" I will have to start over but that is OK, it's nice to fully play the game once again.

I would very much appreciate the zip file containing all the dll files you'll need for any downloads. 

I thank everyone that was so kind to help me.  Tomorrow I am going to work on installing my favorite files. I wish you all a safe day and please keep healthy.

Again thank you so much for your help and kindness.

Glory

Cricket

I'm so glad the re-install worked! 

You'll have to give us a day or two to get those .dll files posted for you.  They not only come from this site but from others.  Let me see what I can do.  If anyone else has them already zipped, please post :D

check discord Cricket

• Thanks 1