• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolperson5

• pukkie

• genkicoll

• Kingcobra24

• 3 weeks later...
Guest meracuirason

you know it's nice to see zoo tycoon 1 designers still around but its too bad all the great ones in the past have "fallen" (no offense to you guys) well mostly rsn cause that guy was good and now zoo admin's gone its like the entire zoo tycoon world is fading away and dying but i just hope someone "revives" the zoo tycoon world

genkicoll

Nice bamboo, CP! :clap: May I make a suggestion? Bring the borders as close to your object as you can, actually touching it, if possible. As long as your background color is in that top left corner, you're set. Like this:

The reason for doing this is that even though you will only see your object once it's been processed by APE, the entire image size is still actually there. To put it plainly, your file size will be bigger than it needs to be if you leave a big border around your item. The only times when you actually NEED an item to have a set border size for items are these:

1. When you're doing animations - every part of the animation needs to have the same background size or the animations will "jump" when you put them in APE.

2. When you're doing something with a set base size such as a set of matching pillars or when you do fence pieces. On the columns (Secret Garden, Brick-themed, the ones that Toodlepops did, etc) all of the columns were oriented exactly the same at the base of the column on images that were exactly the same size like this:

This makes rotating easy, as every single piece will be rotated with exactly the same coordinates. It's important for items that need to fit together perfectly to be able to do this.

genkicoll

Of course, CP :vishenka_34: Before you send it to me, check out the "Tidy and Adjust" portion of THIS thread. I'll PM my e-mail address to you.

• 2 weeks later...