• CelestialEvolution
    • Luz21
    • Goosifer
    • strider213

Crash in one savegame

AnewZoocreator

AnewZoocreator

Hi,

one of my savegames crashes upon start. Yesterday I started it, now downloaded more mods, but... why does this savegame crash? Is my PC too weak (actually I have quite a good PC, bought in 2019)?

A new map with today's mods did not immediately crash...

Merychippus.zoo

AnewZoocreator

Sorry. The problem is now resolved - it either had to do with Borsato's items or with their DLL.

EDIT: As the dll file has now been restored (from my bin), it probably has to do with the JPOGItems.ztd file. No panic, I am not particularly bent on a special trashcan etc., but still, there seems to be a conflict/problem...

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. There are several reasons a file can crash a game. What country are you in? I can rule in or out one type just from knowing that.

From Jay: Since the first person said the crash occurs on starting a saved game, it would not be the language crash problem. They gave JPOGItems.ztd as a possible cause. Although that file has problems, I do not believe they are problems that would cause a crash, at least from doing a quick look at its configuration. It might be the crash that occurs when an object in the zoo is changed from one that the guests go to look at to an object that the guests do not go to look at. There is a topic at DG that lists causes of ZT crashes and how to avoid them, including the one I just mentioned as well as the language crash problem.

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5452.0

• Like 1