hshelby99

• (Professor Emeritus)Professor Paul
    • strider213
    • CelestialEvolution
    • And 1

Gravel, concrete or asphalt terrain

AnewZoocreator

AnewZoocreator

When/under which circumstances do you ever use the three non-animal terrain types (gravel, concrete or asphalt)? Do they have any useful applications?

Cricket

If you are putting a path on top of water terrain and don't want the "bleed off" around the edges, place one of those terrain types under the path.  This should take care of that issue. 

There are also some animals that require a small amount of those terrains in their exhibits.  So even tho' it is rare, they are still useful.

And of course, these can be used in general landscaping.  Sometimes, I'll use gravel instead of grass or dirt on the 1-tile space I leave between  exhibits and paths.

AnewZoocreator
8 hours ago, Cricket said:

There are also some animals that require a small amount of those terrains in their exhibits.  So even tho' it is rare, they are still useful.

Yeah, today, a Scarlet Ibis exhibit required a few squares of gravel - the first time ever using this in an exhibit. I would also agree that gravel is the most useful of the three. But of course, I "landscape" quite a bit less than many screenshots on here show.