hshelby99
    Newest Member
    hshelby99

• kenny
    • Fern
    • Goosifer

Is there any unused animal data?

Lelka

I've seen a lot of unused data of objects and buildings, but I don't recall much about the unused animal data. Is it because it's much harder to reach? Do we have some good thing to look up?

If not, I guess I'll have to find them on my own...with the DD unused data, which are hard to find.

5 hours ago, Fern said:

By unused data, do you mean in the ingame dlls or something else?

Ingame dlls, sorry for not being clear.

From Jay: When Blue Fang originally created Zoo Tycoon, they did not know what would be in it. So there are a number of messages in lang0.dll that have "Placeholder" in their messages, which included for the orangutan and yeti animals. Later, Blue Fang did make those animals. But most of the things with "Placeholder" were never done by Blue Fang. None of the other Blue Fang ".dll" files have "Placeholder" in their messages. So it is probably unlikely there is any "unused data" in the ".dll" files that came with the expansion packs or with official downloads.

Considering how long the game has been around the game has been picked over thoroughly.

Most loose graphics have been used. And different beta versions redone to work in CC

I think Tiger Kitty did umbrella tables

Links to some things that were from the beta version.

Beta Scenery Buildings
Beta Giftshop
Beta Observation Areas
Beta Rock Formations
Beta Foliage

As for information there is info at Tek, Zoo Admin, ZooKeepers Lounge and ZTCDD and Zoo Tycoon Designer Guild about all sorts of things

• Like 1