Newest Member
    hshelby99

• CelestialEvolution
    • DinoDig98
    • (Designer)Z.Z.

Penguino's No Eggs Hack

VNDragonV2

VNDragonV2

Anybody ever managed to make this hack work? I'm using the latest version from ZooAdmin and it doesn't work at all, even when I have removed every other download.

Hi, I spent today looking at the coding to see if I can figure out what went wrong (also for other ideas like making animals attack women and children).

It appears that in "[m/Characteristics/Integers]", both "cLaysEggs" and "cEatsEggs" have to be set at 0 for the animal to become adoptable as adults. In Penguino's hack case only "cLaysEggs" is set at 0.

Nope that is not the problem. See the notes at DD. We added a lot of notes to hacks for various reasons.

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=1437.0

- Only works for official in-game dinosaurs.
- If the hack does not work for in-game dinosaurs, you might have a version where extra bytes are at the end of the ".ztd", which confuses ZT. Rezip the ".ztd" to get rid of any extra bytes.

Jays pm to me today: (I have not updated the topic yet)

The version at ZA is still the original version where the ".ztd" has extra bytes at the end. 7-zip shows this when right-clicking on the ".ztd" and clicking 7-Zip->Test archive. So you can give that person a link to the above DD topic. But before you do, you might want to update that Notes post. The Description says to rename the ".zip" to a ".ztd", which may have been true at one time. But the download is a ".zip" that contains a ".ztd". So the ".ztd" would be extracted from the ".zip" and not renamed, although it still will not work in ZT until it is rezipped.

Edit: more from Jay: I just tested my rezipped version Penguino's No Egg Hack again. The Allosaurus has cEatsEggs = 1 and cLaysEggs = 0, and it was adoptable as adults. So cEatsEggs does not have to be set to 0. When VNDragon made that change, they had to rezip the ".ztd", and it was the rezipping that made it work.

• Like 1

The rezipping works! Thank you! I wish I saw those notes earlier but I downloaded the hacks from ZA.

I'm just curious... what caused the extra bytes? Is it inherent to the file or is it caused somewhere during the download process? If it's the former shouldn't someone update the download link with a rezipped version?

Early versions of the ZA software added extra bytes to downloads. If the download was a ".zip", those extra bytes are not a problem. But if the download was a ".ztd", like for the No Egg Hack, that is a problem. As ZA changed web hosts over the years, the ".ztd" was put in a ".zip", but it was a ".ztd" that was downloaded using the older ZA, so it has the extra bytes. Yes, it would be good if someone from ZA rezipped the ".ztd" and replaced their download with it.

• Like 1

Yes she is. You can pm her from here or ZA or DD. There are about 4 other files that have been fixed waiting for her to upload them too

• Like 1