Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• (Admin)Cricket
    • MaastrichianFan

Revitalize Burkitsville Zoo.

KTesch

Zookreeper,

I haven't seen the Post and Rail Fence in the Fences Tab, just in the game at the entrances. Where is it in the Fences list? Clear at the bottom?

Kim

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KTesch

• IcePengwyn

• pukkie

• Savannahjan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coolperson5,

I actually found it. I was thinking of the Post and Rope Fence which is a Decorative Fence only. I had thought it was an exhibit fence. I found the other Post and Rail Fence and used it for my Black Rhino Exhibit. I had Three Zookeepers, I started out with two originally and a Maintenence Worker. I still lost, but I think that's because I didn't put my Restaurant in right away when I put my Gift Shop, Pizza and Drink Stands in. The 8 species was the only Goal not checked off. Fortunately, I have it saved and can go back and redo it at a later time. Or because I did do some research for my Maintenence and Zookeepers, start over. I haven't decided yet. I also went in and out of the Red a few times. But, on a positive note, I had 1 male and 2 female Chimps and they had a baby, and 1 male and 2 female Gemsbok who also had a baby. Maybe the Chimps had Twins, not sure now. I also won a few awards, Silver Plaque and Blue Ribbon.

Kim

" Pizza and Drink Stands in. "

Sell them! Stick with one restaurant. Set the price at $22 (where else they gonna go?). That way you won't need maintenance workers cause there's no trash to clean up. And fences rarely break early in the game.

Research is not too important in the quick scenarios - you can go without it.

"Next to the white tile you need one more otherwise zookeeper can't make it to the gate "

That's one of the methods of trapping a keeper - they can exit the exhibit, and only go back and forth to two exhibits. Keeps em from wandering around.

Do you have your Trapper Keeper?

post-18-1185775043.gif

I think I'm lost on something here. Species are different animals, but does that also mean eight different exhibits? And 2. I made a mixed exhibit out of my existing Black Rhino Exhibt by adding Thomson's Gazelles and Ostriches, but whenever I tried to make one or two happy, the other one wasn't. I've seen screenshots on how other people do it and they've been successful, but I couldn't do it. I didn't pay any attention to the Oficial websites description of this Scenario, I read what was in the game which was to work on the existing exhibits, it didn't say that the Bengal Tiger's exhibt didn't need work. I moved all the exibit's gates to where I thought it'd be easy for the Zookeepers to get to the animals, I had one Maintenence Worker, and ended up with four Zookeepers. Two for my Black Rhino mixed exhibit when I made it and one for the Grizzly Bear exhibit I made. The other two had the other two exhibits. A Pizza Stand, Drink Stand and Restaurant (these were suggestions from another Walkthrough I have bookmarked for both Zoo Tycoons. I also ditched my Burger Stand. I still lost.

Kim

Animals, Species & Exhibits all mean different things in scenarios.

5 zebras = 5 animals = 1 species.

3 Bengal Tigers + 5 White Bengal Tigers in a mixed exhibit = 8 animals = 2 species = 1 exhibit.

If a scenarios calls for 5 species, then that's what you need, in any number of exhibits.

Making mixed exhibits can be easy, and can be difficult. There are very few that will get you ultra high suitability for all animals.

As for this scenario, try the following:

Set your zoo admission at $29. You always want to set your admission at the highest for any level, or you don't make as much money. Set one restaurant at $22. Guests will go in anytime they are hungry, thirsty or need the potty. So that's why you dump ALL food stands and restrooms. Keep the zoo compact. Get a gift shop, carrousel, animal show & compost bin (far corner) right away. If you are in need of money just before the end, sell em off!

IcePengwyn,

I tried your method last night and kept going in and out of the Red and kept getting told that the "Guests don't like your zoo very much" Whether this is because I made really huge exhibits for my existing animals in preparation for adding more later or whether it was because I just had the Restaurant, Carousel, Gift Shop and Animal Theater, I don't know, but when I had the Food Stands and the Restaurant together with everything else and left the admission at $22 and had 2 Zookeepers a piece and a Maintenence Worker, I don't know. I'm still at a loss other than to go back to what I had and maybe make smaller exhibits. I just don't want to make them too small for the added animals.

Kim

Guest Zookreeper

Kim, avoid the "bigger is better" idea when making exhibits. You can always add to an exhibit later. The most common size for most animals is 10x10. Also avoid mixed exhibits in scenarios. Make a single exhibit for each animal species to max out the suitability for it. Use no food stands at all. Restaurants only, ( this means you don't need trash cans as well. Trash cans LOWER guest happiness). As for prices, you can safly double the initial price of all restaurants and attractions without complaints from the guests.

I don't know what you have in mind for numbers of animals, but you only need one of a kind to meet the goals of the scenario. Depending on the animals you choose you might find that it wants a mate, then give it one to make it happy. You need no more. Some animals want more of the same to make them happy, such as Wolves, Reindeer, and herd animals. In scenarios try to get the most out of what costs you the least. Bare minimum is the rule of thumb because that is about all you will be able to afford! It is set up that way in order to make you into a Tycoon instead of an Artist.

Zookreeper,

In this Scenario you need 8 Species. I was going to add animals that are compatible with the ones already in game: Common Wildebeast with my Black Rhino, Dromedary Camel with my Gemsbok, White Bengal Tiger with my Bengal Tiger and Mandrill with my Chimpanzees. However, I could just let the Chimps and Gemsbok go considering they have a male and female in each exhibit.

IcePengwyn,

I'd have to redo the zoo I had from the night before as I gave up on it and deleted it out of my Saved Games and then out of my Recycle Bin so it's not there anymore.

Kim

Okay, here's the species I have: Bengal Tiger=Carnivore, Gemsbok=Ungulate, Chimpanzee=Primate, Black Rhino= I'm not sure if they are ungulates or what they are.

Kim